Spectrum Groundwork Pays Off
- Righting a Wrong. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;9/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p37
Comments on issues concerning the wireless communications industry. Significance of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's plan to lift financial obligations for bidders in Auction 35 for wireless companies; Views on a man sentenced to four-month prison for using a mobile phone on an...
- Japan gives up on 5 GHz band for wireless access. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p52
Focuses on Japanese Government's decision not to use the 5 gigahertz band for wireless access services in an open field.
- FCC extends deadline to implement number portability. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's extension of the deadline for implementing local number portability in the wireless communications industry. Value of portability to users switching carriers; Impact of the decision to the agency's rules on the implementation of...
- FCC to settle remaining refarming issues. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p8
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) preparation to vote to resolve issues regarding the refarming docket. Use of refarming in the wireless communications industry; FCC's plans to refine the refarming proceeding.
- Discord on spectrum policy heightens as WRC nears. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p26
Reports on the conflict between the Bill Clinton Administration and the wireless telecommunications industry over the United States spectrum policy for third-generation wireless systems. Industry complaints about the government's spectrum proposal; Telecom companies that are backing cdma2000...
- Verizon official says broadband bill may not deregulate advanced-wireless platform. Forsgren Weaver, Heather // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p19
Reports on the possible exclusion of the offering of advanced mobile-wireless services from the Communications Act impacting broadband platforms in the United States according to Verizon Communications. Responsibility of the wireless industry in the bill; Legislation advocated by Verizon;...
- U.S. must address regulatory and marketplace issues before implementing 3G services. St. Ledger Rody, Judith // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p54
Focuses on the need for the United States government to address regulatory and marketplace issues before implementing third generation (3G) services. Issues on the frequencies to allocate and the size and channelization of allocations; Importance of giving attention to the lack of global...
- Resale: on the edge of change? Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the impact of the expiration of the United States Federal Communications Commission's rule requiring carriers to provide unrestricted access to their services on the wireless resale industry.
- Bush Administration Afflicted By 'Fuzzy' 3G Vision. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the anxiety expressed by companies in the wireless telecommunication on the silence of the administration of United States President George W. Bush on the third-generation wireless spectrum issue. Events that pacify the anxiety of the industry; Document circulating around the...
- U.S. NEXT STOP FOR WORLDWIDE SPECTRUM SCRAMBLE. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p16
Comments on the issues surrounding the auction of wireless spectrum licenses in the United States (U.S.). Results of wireless spectrum auctions in Europe; Problems with the spectrum policy of the U.S.