Nokia Casts Positive Spell On Wall Street
- A tale of one economy. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;10/30/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 18, p16
Provides an update on the performance of some mobile phone manufacturers as of October 30, 2000. Performance of Ericsson's division in the fourth quarter of 2000; Decline in Motorola mobile phone orders; Predicted number of Nokia mobile phones that will be sold in 2000.
- Motorola reports biggest ever loss of $2.3bn in Q2. Mayhew-Smith, Alex // Electronics Weekly;7/24/2002, Issue 2062, p12
Reports on the loss posted by Motorola for the second quarter of 2002. Status of the firm's semiconductor business; Growth of orders in the wireless and broadband markets; Earnings reported by Nokia and Ericsson.
- Wireless financials bump up Nasdaq--for a bit. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/25/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the financial results of various wireless communication companies and other players in the high-technology industry listed on Nasdaq in the first quarter of 2005. Net sales and profits posted by mobile-phone makers Motorola Inc. and Nokia Corp.; Financial performance of Ericsson;...
- Strong phone sales boost Nokia, Ericsson numbers. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p7
Highlights the financial performance of Ericsson Inc. of Sweden and Nokia Corp. of Finland. Profits; Net income; Increase in operating profits and sales of Nokia Mobile Phones; Operating income of Ericsson's Network Operators unit.
- Scandinavia's big guns report 3Q profit. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p2
Highlights the financial performance of Scandinavian wireless communication companies Ericsson AB and Nokia in the third quarter of 1999. Decline of Ericsson AB's net income; Increase in Nokia's net profits; Performance of Ericsson's mobile-phone business.
- Nokia sales and profits increase in Q3 as Motorola revises Q4 forecast down. // Electronics Weekly;10/23/2002, Issue 2073, p6
Reports on the financial performance posted by Nokia for the third quarter of 2002. Value of the sales generated by the company; Decision of Motorola to revise its forecast for the fourth quarter of the year.
- Top handset vendors notch victories in robust market. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;4/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p3
This article reports on successes found by arch rivals Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc. in some aspect of their market strategy as reflected in first-quarter 2006 earnings. Both posted gains in market share and the result has clear implications. With Nokia at 35-percent global market share and...
- High-fliers Take A Dip. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Deals with the projected decline of the global sales of handset wireless communication systems in 2000. Impact of the projected decline on Motorola; Effect of the projected decline on the shares of Nokia and Ericsson; Reasons for the projected decline cited by Motorola executives.
- Guessing game. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;6/25/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 26, p14
Analyzes the business status of Nokia and the economic condition of the handset market. Prediction on the handset sales; Projected sales growth of Nokia; Sales performance of Motorola and Ericsson in the first quarter of 2001.