Great Expectations, Slower Growth
- Carrier profits in full bloom. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;04/24/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the first quarter of 2000 earnings posted by telecommunication carriers. Revenue of the domestic wireless business of BellSouth; Earnings posted by Sprint Corp.; Profits of other carriers. INSET: CROSSTALK.
- One size doesn't fit all. Swartz // Wireless Review;12/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p42
Discusses the marketing strategies of telecommunication companies. Preference for personal service by customers; Dividing customers into categories; Strategies of BellSouth and U.S. Cellular.
- Telecoms add e-services. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;10/02/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p10
Offers a look at the electronic services added by United States telecommunication companies Sprint and BellSouth in September 2000. Services offered by the e-Platform launched by BellSouth; Estimated market value of such service; Details on the corporate electronic commerce service from Sprint....
- Eyes Focus On Carrier Numbers. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Sprint PCS and U.S. Cellular Corp. for the second quarter of 2001. Gross earnings of Sprint; Factors attributed to Sprint's positive performance; Goals of U.S. Cellular; Suggestion on how U.S. Cellular could retain its customers.
- Verizon inches closer to Cingular. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/1/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p11
Presents an update on the cellular telephone services industry in the U.S. as of August 2005. Increase in the number of mobile subscribers of Verizon Wireless in the second quarter of year; Impact of the shortfall to an increase in deposit requirements on the gross subscriber results of Sprint;...
- Spurned BellSouth Keeps On Truckin' In Wake Of Missed Merger. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p16
Focuses on the reorganization of BellSouth Corp. and its financial results for the third quarter of 1999. Appointment of Mark Fiedler as president of wireless services of the company; Domestic and international wireless revenue of the company; Number of domestic and international wireless...
- USCC, BellSouth to swap markets. // RCR;02/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the trade agreement between United States Cellular Corporation and BellSouth Corporation, to acquire a 12-market cluster which provides cellular service to most of Wisconsin. Information on the trade agreement.
- U.S. Cellular adds 171,000 customers. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p34
Reports on the net customer additions and revenues of United States Cellular Corp. for the fourth quarter of year 2000.
- U.S. Cellular income drops 28 percent. // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p23
Reports on the decline of the income of U.S. Cellular Corp. in the first quarter of 2001. Analysis of the performance of the company.