AT&T Seeks Distance From Long-distance
- Fold into the giant. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;10/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the planned merger between AT and T Corp., and AT and T Wireless Services Inc., while indicating that Dan Hesse, the president and chief executive officer of the wireless company, will manage the customer-care units. Comments from Eileen M. Connolly, director of financial...
- AT&T's plan to shed paging unit doesn't knell death of industry. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;12/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p22
Presents information on plans by American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) to sell its Wireless Messaging Division. Comments by Ruthlyn Newell, AT&T corporate spokeswoman; Speculations of paging industry analysts; Background information on AT&T paging operations.
- AT&T Progeny Graduates. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p1
Explores telecommunication company AT&T Wireless Incorporated's prospects once it leaves parent company AT&T Corporation. AT&T Wireless' assets and debt as of the end of 2000; AT&T Wireless' revenue for the first quarter of 2001; Reason for the breakout of AT&T Wireless.
- AT&T Units Must Swim Alone. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p1
Reveals the options of AT&T Corp.'s wireless operations to respond to market changes to improve their performance in the telecommunication industry. Increase in the revenue of AT&T Wireless Group in the third quarter of 2000; View of some analysts on the reorganization of AT&T.
- AT&T Wireless Celebrates Its Independence. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p5
Reports on AT&T Wireless' emancipation from AT&T Corp. in July 2001. How AT&T Wireless telecommunication offices will celebrate the separation; Terms of the split; Plan of AT&T Wireless for its customer base development.
- AT&T tower sale 'hypothetical,' company says. // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p6
Focuses on the speculation that AT&T Wireless Services Inc. will sell its towers to focus on marketing and customer service. Clarification of AT&T Wireless on the speculation.
- AT&T Wireless Plans Expansion Of AOL Service. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/9/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p34
Reports plans of AT&T Wireless to expand America Online (AOL) wireless service in Redmond, Washington. Launch of the Pocket-Net Plus service; Expansion of accessibility of AOL service; Availability of the content of AOL electronic mail.
- Carriers' Strategies Paying Off. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p3
Reports the financial performance of wireless carriers in the U.S. in 2001. Nextel Communications Inc.; Leap Wireless International Inc.; AT&T Wireless.
- Communications briefs. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/01/99, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p31
Presents news briefs related to the telecommunication industry as of November 1, 1999. Includes AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s sale of Nokia AG's 8800 chrome-phone series; Nextel Communications Inc.'s additional subscribers in the third quarter; PageMart Inc.'s plans to change its name following...