Choosing Between The 'Telecom Twins.'
- The November Prophecies: White House And Wireless. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Looks at the platforms of presidential candidates Al Gore and George W. Bush on regulatory issues that will affect the wireless telecommunication industry in the United States (U.S.). Changes in telecommunication laws and regulations in the U.S.; Similarities in Gore's and Bush's platforms on...
- Bush Will Score Big If He Hammers Home His Social Security Plan. Murdock, Deroy // Insight on the News;11/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p46
Deals with the Social Security plans of presidential candidates in the United States. Problems with Al Gore's proposed Retirement Savings plan; Characteristics of George W. Bush's Social Security plan.
- BUSH AND GORE: WHERE THEY STAND. // National Journal;7/29/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p2484
No abstract available.
- TWO MEN, TWO VISIONS. Gibbs, Nancy; Duffy, Michael // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/6/2000, Issue 43, p28
Discusses the United States presidential election in 2000. Comparison of the political and social views of the candidates, George W. Bush and Al Gore; Family influences on both; Why tax cuts play a substantial role in Bush's candidacy; Populist campaign of Gore; How Bush is not the typical...
- Beating around the Bush. // Advocate;12/22/98, Issue 775, p12
Views on homosexuality from presidential aspirants George W. Bush and Vice President Al Gore in the United States. Preparation for the November 3, 2000 presidential elections; Platforms and campaign styles of prospective candidates; Involvement of candidates in issues concerning homosexuality.
- THE LOVER VS. THE FIGHTER. Dickerson, John F.; Edwards, Tamala M.; Carney, James; Pooley, Eric; Goldstein, Andrew; Tumulty, Karen // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/30/2000, Issue 43, p28
Discusses the differences between United States presidential candidates George W. Bush and Al Gore. Idea that Bush has portrayed himself as a uniter and Gore has depicted himself as a fighter; How each has conducted himself during their political campaigns; Speculation on why Gore has distanced...
- THE LOVER VS. THE FIGHTER. Dickerson, John F.; Edwards, Tamala M.; Carney, James; Pooley, Eric; Bush; Goldstein, with Gore, Andrew; Tumulty, Karen // Time;10/30/2000, Vol. 156 Issue 18, p32
Discusses the differences between the United States presidential candidates, George W. Bush and Al Gore. Idea that Bush has portrayed himself as a uniter and Gore has depicted himself as a fighter; How each has conducted himself during their political campaigns; Speculation on why Gore has...
- Candidates' Plans Won't Ensure Golden Years for Everyone. Watson, Noshua // Fortune;10/2/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the United States presidential campaigns of Al Gore and George W. Bush, particularly their views on Social Security. Proposals by both candidates; Concern over whether the candidates plans to overhaul the system will provide enough money for senior citizens to ensure an easy...
- Pre-Election Preview: Presidential Preferences on Education. // Education Digest;Oct2000, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the education reform proposals of United States presidential candidates Al Gore and George W. Bush. Information on the Teacher Quality Plan of Gore; Views of Bush on accountability and increased competition for schools; Implications of the proposals for public schools.