Sprint to Lease More Network Capacity
- Sprint to offer public Wi-Fi access stateside. // Caribbean Business;7/31/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p27
Reports on the plan of Sprint to offer PCS Wi-Fi Access, a high-speed wireless data service. Offer of PCS customers with high-speed Wi-Fi access in public areas such as airports, convention centers and hotels; Expected launching of the service in U.S. mainland locations; Largest next-generation...
- Sprint. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/15/2015, pA02
The article reports on the proposals considered by telecommunications company Sprint Corp. from its counterpart Mobilitie LLC for the creation of a leasing firm that will find mobile phone deals with the wireless telecommunications subscribers in the U.S. The topics discussed include the funding...
- Merger not expected to change much. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2005, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
This article focuses on the merger of Sprint Corp., and Nextel Communications Inc. One of the greatest cost savings associated with the deal is that the merged Sprint Nextel will have to build only one 3G network to provide advanced wireless services and will have enough scale to negotiate...
- Sprint launches Xohm WiMAX. // CED;Nov2008, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the launch of mobile WiMAX service by Sprint Corp. in Baltimore, Maryland. The company plans to merge Xohm with Clearwire Corp., a deal financed in part by Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks. It states that Xohm mobile wireless service is based on an open Internet...
- Sprint Embraces Retail With Fixed-Wireless Modem Service. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/29/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p30
Reports on Sprint's launched of its fixed-wireless service, called Sprint Broadband Direct. Sprint and WorldCom's plan to launch a fixed-wireless data service to consumers in various United States cities by 2001; Availability of Sprint's service in Phoenix, Arizona through a toll-free number,...
- Sprint to extend fixed wireless broadband reach. Smith, Hilary // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p28
Reports on Sprint Corp.'s filing of a series of applications with the United States Federal Communications Commission to extend its fixed wireless broadband services to 45 additional markets nationwide.
- Sprint wireless Web products to let users access intranets. Bowen, Ted Smalley // InfoWorld;08/30/99, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p44D
Introduces Sprint PCS Wireless Web Connection, a wireless communication device developed by Sprint Corp. Features of the device; Price.
- Broadband In The Desert. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p12
Looks at the Sprint Broadband Direct, a wireless communication service of Sprint Corp. in Phoenix, Arizona. Expansion planned by Sprint; Target market of the company; Other companies offering similar services.
- Sprint Loses Fewer Subs, Plans New Prepaid Strategy. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/22/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p45
The article reports on Sprint which lost fewer wireless subscribers in the fourth quarter and fiscal year ending December 31, 2009 and its plan to launch a strategy which aims to provide a robust revamped portfolio of brands.