your news and views
- Mystery caller gives Margaret a retirement gift to remember. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p37
Reports on the retirement of Margaret Levin as manager of NH Chapman furniture store. Recognition given to the store the day before Levin's retirement; Career background of Levin.
- Three lucky students granted ASFI bursaries. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p33
Announces the names of students in Great Britain who have been awarded scholarships by the Association of Suppliers to the Furniture Industry.
- FIT awards breakfast honors industry leaders. // Furniture/Today;4/1/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p58
Presents highlights of the annual scholarship awards breakfast of the Fashion Institute of Technology held April 1, 2003. Honorees; Description of the program in Home Products Development.
- HPU's Perkins will receive Peterson Scholarship. // Furniture/Today;10/13/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p92
Reports on the Bill Peterson Scholarship awarded by Silvana Perkins, founding editor of 'Furniture/Today' at the High Point University in North Carolina. Recognition of Perkins in dedication to the development of furniture industry; Venue of awarding ceremony; Sponsorship of the awarding event...
- AFMA Suppliers Division seeks applications for scholarships. // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p10
Reports the acceptance of applications for scholarships by the Suppliers Division of the American Furniture Manufacturers Association (AFMA) to children of regular and full-time employees of AFMA companies.
- Students get closeup look at High Point show action. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;11/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p41
Reports on the field trip of home furnishings industry students from the Appalachian State University in High Point, North Carolina. Name of organizer; Bestowal of the American Furniture Manufacturers Association Furniture Foundation Scholarship; Visit made by recipient of the Celia Moh...
- IHFRA offers scholarships for upcoming CHR courses. // Furniture/Today;5/13/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p28
Reports the scholarship sponsored by the International Home Furnishings Representatives Association to the members of the Certified Home Furnishings Representatives course. Courses offered; Duration of the course learning; Amount of the scholarship program.
- Cardi's of Mass. helps raise over $525,000. // Furniture/Today;10/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p204
Reports on the collection of relief supplies, services and funds by retailer Cardi's Furniture Superstores for victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks in Massachusetts.
- Suppliers support scholars. // Furniture/Today;5/26/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p16
Reports that the Suppliers division of the American Furniture Manufacturers Association has named the 2003 winners of its scholarship program. Recipients of the scholarship award.