Brave new world
- Furniture question: How much '98 growth? Knutson, Ted // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/15/98, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association International's (BIFMA) 1998 projection for industry revenues. Reasons for the lower projection; Conflicting month by month shipment reports from manufacturers; Benefits of the construction boom for office furniture...
- SOHO growth slows, still strong. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p28
Predicts the sales performance of ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture in the United States in 2001. Slow down of growth of the category; Linking of decline of sales of home office furniture to drop in sales of personal computers and other merchandise; Statistics on chain store sales growth;...
- Retailers eager for '03 uptick. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p24
Reports on the expected market status of furniture retail in the U.S. in 2003. Relevance of stability of consumer confidence in retail performance; Prevalence of stores enhancing advertising initiatives; Importance of employee training in standing out from the market competition.
- RTA makers fight for space. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p30
Reports on the market outlook for ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture products in the U.S. Impact of the consolidation at retail on the sales performance of RTA furniture; Average price points feasible for RTA; Alterations in the initiatives of RTA manufacturers for market penetration.
- Youth segment proves robust. Kitchen, Jane // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p32
Reports the projected market performance of the youth furniture segment in the U.S. in 2003. Impetus to the increased demand for youth furniture; Impact of economic downturn on the trend in consumer buying; Role of demographic changes in market growth.
- Home theater attracts crowds. // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p34
Reports on the projected market status of home entertainment furniture in the U.S. Influence of home theater innovations on furniture demand; Advantage of the marketing scheme of video electronic manufacturers for the furniture sector; Implications for the design of entertainment furniture.
- Behind the numbers. // Kids Today;Feb2011, p14
The article offers information on the furniture sales estimates and projections developed by the journal "Kids Today" market research and Easy Analytic Software Inc.
- Tupelo traffic steady. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;2/21/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p1
The article offers a business forecast for the furniture industry in Tupelo, Mississippi.
- Mixed results for last year's forecast. // Furniture/Today;1/10/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p18
The article reports on the forecast for the furniture industry to gain a modest growth in 2010 with 3.7% gain in furniture and bedding sales at reatail and 2.9% for the estimated actual growth.