Keeping the business afloat
- Analysts praise plan for Zurich changes. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;3/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p29
Reports the reaction of insurance analysts toward the changes in the management of Zurich Financial Services Group (ZFS) in Switzerland. Financial issues at ZFS; Beneficial effects of the move; Implications for an effective corporate governance.
- Zurich unites U.S. operations. // Business Insurance;02/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p38
Reports that Zurich Financial Services Group has revamped its commercial insurance units in the United States in an effort to save as much as $100 million in expenses over two years. Units affected by the reorganization; Reduction of redundant departments.
- Zurich set to create catastrophic injury panel. Rovnick, Naomi // Lawyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p4
Reports on British insurance firm Zurich's finalization of a legal panel for catastrophic injury work. Law firms tapped to join the legal panel; Zurich's existing panels; Zurich's review of the panels with a view toward consolidating them.
- Zurich Reorganizes North American Commercial Property And Casualty Businesses. // Insurance Advocate;03/10/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p9
Deals with the restructuring of the North American commercial property and casualty business of Zurich Financial Services Group in 2001. Business name adopted; Promotion of executives; Business units.
- Panel firms prepared for Zurich Commercial rejig. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the reassessment of law firms consisting the legal panel of Zurich Commercial. Month in 2002 by which the finding of the reappraisal will be known; Reduction in the number of law firms that provide corporate legal services to Zurich; Description of the situation among law firms that...
- Zurich Financial to Unify Shares In Bid to Bolster M&A Currency. // American Banker;4/18/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 75, p32
Reports that Zurich Financial Services plans to adopt a single share structure to boost its stock price. Comments from chief executive officer (CEO) Rolf Hueppi on consolidation; Advantages to consolidation such as more flexibility and simplicity.
- Hueppi Cuts All Ties to Zurich. // Best's Review;Jun2002, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p107
Reports on the resignation of Rolf Hueppi as chairman and member of the board at Zurich Financial Services. Reason for the resignation; Career at Zurich; Role in creating the company.
- Hong Kong: Zurich buys general insurer Kono. // Asia Insurance Review;Dec2015, p41
The article reports that the Zurich Insurance has agreed to acquire Kono Insurance and mentions that the acquisition will enable Zurich to tap Kono Insurance's expertise in construction and engineering-related insurance.
- Zurich Financial Services increases 2005 profits by 30%. // Canadian Underwriter;Mar2006, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p8
Presents information on the financial performance of Zurich Financial Services in 2005. Factors that contributed to the 30% increase in company profits; Total net income compared to previous year.