New venture for cm editor
- cm Retail Intelligence report. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p1
Announces the publication of 'The Cabinet Maker' magazine's 'Retail Intelligence' reports concerning Great Britain's retail trade in November 2000.
- End of an era at CM. // Cabinet Maker;05/15/98, Issue 5088, p8
Reports on the retirement of Margaret Miller from the `Cabinet Maker' Reader Enquiry Bureau starting on May 22, 1998. Closure of the bureau with Miller's retirement; Miller's main information source.
- 100 years ago... // Home Furnishings;May95, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p52
Presents an excerpt from an 1895 issue of `Home Furnishings' magazine's sister publication `The Cabinet Maker.' Focus on original window draperies; Style and treatment; Description of the canopy drapery.
- Staff man says farewell to CM. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p37
Reports on the retirement of Brian Allport as advertising representative of `The Cabinet Maker' periodical. Highlights of Allport's career.
- CM launches Travel Club to High Point. // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p3
Reports on `Cabinet Maker's launching of Travel Club to High Point which will make travel arrangements for British retailers going to the American furniture show for April 15-23, 1999. Itineraries of the spring market package offered by the club; Package rates; Discounts offered.
- A sadness shared. // Cabinet Maker;11/23/2001, Issue 5264, p5
Relates the sentiments of Linda Westphal, owner of Maximumedia on the tragic death of Simon Hoffman, the 'Cabinet Maker' editor. Characteristics of Simon; Impact of Simon on the magazine; Condolences to the editorial staff and relatives.
- Expanding your horizons. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p9
The article discusses the changes in the format of the "Cabinet Maker" magazine. In this week's issue, the magazine features a different cover to reflect its diversification into accessories, lighting and soft furnishings. The magazine's commitment to convey the changes in the furniture industry...
- Building on a great foundation. // Cabinet Maker;8/8/2008, Issue 5600, p3
The author reflects on the 125 years of Cabinet Maker magazine and his task and commitment, as the new Editor, to ensure that the magazine continues to provide its readers with the highest standards of information for the furniture industry. He asserts on their editorial policy which anchors on...
- SHOP like a FASHION EDITOR. Deem, Megan // InStyle;Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p465
This article features three "InStyle" fashion editors and relates their different shopping strategies.