Raser Technologies Loss Widens
- Utah Breaks Ground on Geothermal Plant. // Solar Today;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p13
The article reports that Raser Technologies broke ground for an 11-megawatt geothermal power plant on May 9, 2008 which is noted as the first of the three planned for the Escalante and Sevier Deserts near Milford, Utah. The company, who made used of the modular units from United Technologies...
- Provo firm Raser Technologies constructing first geothermal energy plant in Utah in 25 years. Johnson, Frances // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;Oct2008 Utah Focus, p6
The article focuses on Raser Technologies, a leader in the development of geothermal resources based in Provo, Utah. The company is building a geothermal plant in Beaver which will serve as the first geothermal plant built in the state in 25 years. The resource discovered in the region could...
- Thermo Plant, Beaver County, Utah. Neville, Angela // Power;Dec2008, Vol. 152 Issue 12, p58
The article offers information on the geothermal plant that is located in Beaver County, Utah, which is owned and operated by Raser Technologies Inc. and discusses the booming geothermal market in the U.S. According to the Geothermal Energy Association (GEA), U.S. is one of the leading countries...
- Provo firm's stock now trading on Big Board. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/12/2009, Vol. 38 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the trading of Raser Technologies Inc., a developer of geothermal power, on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol RZ. The company has acquired 17 new lease parcels of geothermal resources, surface and other rights in Utah increasing its hotal holdings to more than...
- NATURAL RESOURCES. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/1/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p7
The article offers information on the decision of the energy company Raser Technologies Inc. to sell its five million U.S. dollar convertible preferred stock.
- Blowout blights future of Hawaii's geothermal power. Anderson, Ian // New Scientist;7/20/91, Vol. 131 Issue 1778, p17
Reports that the uncontrolled release of steam at a drilling site near the active volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii has thrown into doubt the future of geothermal power as a potential source of power in the state. Details of the blowout; Failure of the mechanism designed to contain the...
- Innovation Awards for Both Hybrid Vehicle and Industrial Motor & Drive Technologies. White, Rob // Automotive Industries;Jun2007, Vol. 187 Issue 6, p31
The article announces Raser Technologies as recipient of two Innovation of the Year Awards that were presented during a ceremony held on June 13, 2007 in Newport Beach, California.
- Tapping old oil wells for geothermal heat. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2015, Issue 887, p20
The article reports on the project study conducted by the engineering firm Geothermal Engineering which investigates the potential use of abandoned oil and gas wells as sources of geothermal energy and mentions the benefits of the project to the country.
- ClimateMaster provides learning opportunities. // Snips;Jun2012, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p33
The article discusses the highlights of the ClimateMaster's national sales meeting which was held in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on March 6-7, 2012. Some of the topics discussed by manufacturers' representatives, architects and engineers during the event are geothermal project planning and system...