Globalisation, import prices and inflation dynamics
- Inflation Gauge Hits Five-Year High. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p2
Reports on the increase of the U.S. future inflation gauge to a new five-year high of a hundred.
- Pint-Size Editorials; Full-Quart Topics. // Saturday Evening Post;6/12/1948, Vol. 220 Issue 50, p168
The article comments on the use of the issue of inflation by U.S. politicians to anger citizens. It argues that politicians are the ones responsible for keeping the issue of inflation alive.
- Inflation. // Finance & Development;Jun2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p10
Introduces articles on the different aspects of the inflation issue. Reasons why many attempts at disinflation fail; Risk of a global deflation; Chances of hyperinflation returning to developed country.
- Globalisation has benign effect. Steyn, Greta // Finweek;5/4/2006, p58
This article reports that according to a study conducted by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), globalization can reduce inflation rates. Globalization is the global integration of goods and services markets. The study is published in the latest edition of the book "World Economic Outlook."...
- Dom Rep: Oil May Bite, Peso Should Soothe. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/24/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the control of inflation in the Dominican Republic in 2006. Increase in prices in March; Forecast for inflation in the country.
- Low Expectations. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p1
Predicts the economic performance of Mexico. Decline in Mexico's core inflation; Forecast on the inflation; Main risk to inflation in 2006.
- Inflation To Come Down. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;May2007, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p3
The article deals with the inflation rate in El Salvador as of February 2007. The inflation rate is 4.7 % in February, down from a 15-month high of 5.5 % in January. It is noted that tighter government spending and lower oil prices can lead to lower inflation rate for the country for the...
- Increase in Oil Prices Threatens to Further Unleash Stagflation in Puerto Rico. Tav�rez, �ngel Carri�n // Caribbean Business;9/8/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p12
Focuses on the impact of the increase in oil prices on the economic condition in Puerto Rico. Provision of threat to the management of inflation; Reduction of expenditures for other commodities; Difficulty to attain economic growth. INSETS: What Energy Advisory Committee?;The Natural Gas...
- Inside Debt and the Stability of Inflation. Palley, Thomas I // Eastern Economic Journal;Fall2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p488
This paper uses Tobin's  model of deflation to analyze inflation. Stability of the inflation process depends on the strength of the Tobin-Mundell effect. The paper introduces the concept of expenditure acceleration effects, which are the Keynesian analog of increased velocity of money. It...