Wall Street's Pain, Silicon Alley's Gain?
- Santander cuts 724 jobs as it pulls out of investment advice. Dale, Samuel // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/28/2013, p7
The article reports that Spanish banking group Grupo Santander SA, which pulled out of investment advice, has formed a financial planning team to handle existing investment customers. The firm suspended all of its 874 investment advisers as they were not prepared for dealing with post-retail...
- Short sighted. // Money Marketing;6/11/2009, p42
In this article the author discusses the redundant trends in the financial services industry in Great Britain. He states that most of the companies in this sector are letting their talented and skilled people go and making their main asset-funds unmanaged. He believes that those laid off...
- Discover Sees Further Credit Woe. // American Banker;5/7/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 87, p6
The author reports on expectations that the company Discover Financial Services has regarding its chargeoff rate for the second quarter of 2009. The author states that Discover Financial expects the chargeoff rate to increase more than one percent during the quarter. Steps that Discover...
- VC Cutbacks Leave: Them Vulnerable. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/07/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 27, p9
Focuses on the shortage of talent faced by venture capital community after relentless layoff of staffs. Analysis of reason for drastic cutbacks of employees; Rationale behind the layoffs by venture capital community; Possibility of decrease in the overall demand for experience venture capitalist.
- Carnage in Hongkong. Hanes, Kathryn // Global Finance;Mar1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p64
Focuses on layoffs in the financial services industry in Hong Kong. Result of job cuts in the equities brokerage business; Possibility for Hong kong's securities industry to shrink by 20-30 percent following the increase in the number of job cuts; Impact on the work performance of employees and...
- Wachovia to Shut Site, Lay Off 245. // American Banker;7/13/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 133, p4
Reports that Wachovia Corp. is planning to lay off 245 employees within a period of 12 months as it closes its check processing center in Raleigh, North Carolina. Shift of the Raleigh facility's workload to more advanced operations centers in Charlotte, North Carolina, Atlanta, Georgia and...
- You're Fired! McMorris, Frances A. // On Wall Street;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p18
Introduces several articles on the financial services industry.
- Your Value Props. Black, Pamela J. // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2009, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on diversifying at ones own risk, one on the seven deadly sins in financial sector, and one on the next wave of the long term care (LTC) hybrids.
- On-Line Tools Lack Integration. // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p14
Reports the lack of integrated solution in online tools for wealth management and financial services in the United States. Importance of online tools; Effect of inadequacy of service to clients; Difficulty faced by financial advisers in getting information.