Trailer output drops 46% in two years
- Total industry shipments remain steady for 29 largest trailer builders. Schenck, Paul // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/1/2014, p2
The article reports on the stability of total industry shipments in the truck trailer manufacturing industry in North America in 2013. It mentions industry data including the 244,864 truck trailers built by the largest 29 trailer manufacturers for the year, the forecast of several of those...
- Trailer Output Drops 46% in 2009. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the results of a survey conducted by the journal regarding the top 25 trailer manufacturers in North America, which showed that trailer shipments in 2009 fell by 46% to 78,258 units from 146,182 units in 2008. It also cites that the best performing segment of the industry...
- Tough year for trailers. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2008, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the production output of truck trailer manufacturers in North America in 2007 based on the results of the "Trailer/Body Builders" annual survey. There was a 22% decline in the number of trailers produced by the 30 leading trailer firms. It implies that the increase in...
- PROFILE: Wabash National. Cohen, Barbara E. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/24/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p26B
Features the Indiana-based truck trailer manufacturer, Wabash National Corp. History of the company; Financial status of the firm; Products manufactured by Wabash; Number of employees; Revenue for 2003; Ranking of the company.
- Trailer manufacturers post 65% gain. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the average 65% increase in production posted by leading truck trailer manufacturers in North America. The number of truck trailers shipped by the manufacturers have increased from 78,525 trailers in 2009 to 121,128 in 2010, according to the results of the annual survey by...
- Wabash joins 50 top US manufacturers list. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2013, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p10
The article announces that semi-truck trailer manufacturer Wabash National Corp. has been recognized as one of the "50 Best U.S. Manufacturers" in the July 2013 issue of "IndustryWeek."
- Wabash National Corp. appears to be on the incline. Ketzenberger, Jolene // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/26/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p16B
Focuses on Lafayette, Indiana-based truck trailer manufacturer Wabash National Corp. Financial results for the first quarter in 2003; Four key areas the company needed to focus on; Efforts to improve efficiency.
- Wabash National recognized for supporting diverse businesses. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2016, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p7
The article announces that the Supplier Diversity Development Coalition of Greater Lafayette presented the 2016 Golden Handshake Award to semi-trailer and liquid transportation systems manufacturer Wabash National Corporation.
- Trailer output up 9.4% in 2012. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2013, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on truck trailer output in 2012. The trailer industry managed to produce 234,870 trailers in 2012, a 9.4 percent increase from 2011. Of the 25 top manufacturers, the top 6 produced 6.7 percent of the total output, indicating that the medium- and smaller-sized manufacturers...