Rush delivers hybrid truck to food bank
- Market for hybrid trucks, buses surging across trucking industry. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2010, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p15
The article cites a report from Pike Research which shows that manufacturers have increased development of hybrid electric and hydraulic hybrid drive-trains for the medium- and heavy-duty truck segments, which promise a reduction in fuel consumption between 5% and 50% depending on design.
- Hybrids Pick Up the Paice. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Jun2002, Vol. 182 Issue 6, p14
Provides information on Paice Hyperdrive, a high-voltage hybrid drive system invented by Alex Severinsky. Discussion on fuel economy of automobiles; Development of the hybrid system prototype; Features and capacity of the battery controller developed by Paice Corp.
- Green Machines. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;8/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p33
Focuses on the developments in hybrid-electric vehicles (HEV) that could transform the car market and dramatically improve the environment. Features of HEV; Reduction in carbon dioxide emissions; Improvement in fuel economy; Hydraulic power assist systems.
- Three for the road - in a hybrid. // Transportation & Distribution;Jul2003, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p14
Reports the launching of hybrid electric diesel powered delivery vehicle OptiFleet E700 by FedEx Express Corp. in the U.S. Response of the firms to environmental problems; Reduction of emission; Decrease of fuel use.
- Dentressangle to use hybrid trucks in UK. // Grocer;7/16/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8013, p8
The article discusses transport operator Norbert Dentressangle's plan to use hybrid vehicles to deliver groceries in London, England in the latter part of 2011.
- Model predictive control dedicated to an electrified auxiliary in HEV/PHEV. Khoa Duc NGUYEN; BIDEAUX, Eric; PHAM, Minh-Tu; LE BRUSQ, Philippe // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 532, p50
Auxiliary electrification in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) represents a promising solution in energy management of vehicle. The work presented in the following paper focuses on the design of a controller able to reduce the electrical energy consumption...
- Clean Running. Karolefski, John // Beverage World;6/15/2008 Supplement, pS17
The article reports on the emergence of green innovations in the trucking industry. Being eco-friendly nowadays is an operational reality across all facets of the distribution business, especially the truck fleet. More fuel-efficient vehicles, new hybrids, and advanced refrigeration are examples...
- Transportation sector energy consumption. // International Energy Outlook;Sep2011, p119
The article offers information on the consumption of energy in the transportation sector, where the demand for liquid fuels is expected to increase rapidly in the next 25 years. It states that in developing countries, there has been an increase in urbanization and personal income, therefore, the...
- Running on hybrids. Straight, Brian // Fleet Owner;Jan2010, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the hybrid vehicles operated by the FedEx Express facility in Bronx, New York City in its package delivery operations. Vice president of global vehicles John Formisano notes the three different programs focused by FedEx including the Azure system, hybrid system, and the...