Wabash National Corp. implements additional cost-cutting measures
- Reduce your material. KIESLING, THOMAS // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p36
The article discusses aspects in material handling processes to improve operating costs. One advice is to consider where the material is needed and how to get the material at that point with the least amount of touches. Another is for incoming product to be moved to an area that will allow goods...
- Wabash joins 50 top US manufacturers list. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2013, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p10
The article announces that semi-truck trailer manufacturer Wabash National Corp. has been recognized as one of the "50 Best U.S. Manufacturers" in the July 2013 issue of "IndustryWeek."
- Wabash National Corp. appears to be on the incline. Ketzenberger, Jolene // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/26/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p16B
Focuses on Lafayette, Indiana-based truck trailer manufacturer Wabash National Corp. Financial results for the first quarter in 2003; Four key areas the company needed to focus on; Efforts to improve efficiency.
- Wabash truck-trailer maker begins job cuts of temp workers. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p18
The article reports that Lafayette, Indiana-based truck-trailer manufacturer Wabash National Corp. has started a series of previously announced job cuts due to a decrease in orders for truck-trailers. At the end of June 2007, Wabash had 3,600 workers and 540 temporary workers. It has shipped...
- Taking the Kilowatt Challenge. Marquardt, Joseph // School Business Affairs;Nov2013, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p21
The article discusses the electric conservation initiative launched by the School District of New London in Wisconsin to reduce its operating costs as of November 2013. Background is presented on the Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill or Act 10, which reduced the state's K-12 funding, and how it has...
- dash board. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Sep2013, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p46
The article offers news briefs related to the transportation industry as of September 1, 2013. TransCore Link Linguistics' Canadian Freight Index has slowdown load shipment in July. Canadian General Freight Index has established the reduction of the Total Cost of ground transportation for...
- Air network design for express shipment service. Barnhart, Cynthia; Schneur, Rina R. // Operations Research;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p852
Express shipment service requires that shipments be picked up and delivered within specified time intervals (e.g., 24 hours. 48 hours or 3-5 days). In this paper, we describe the express shipment service design problem faced by a carrier and present a model and column generation approach for its...
- JOB COSTING. Volschenk, Jako // Finweek;10/6/2011, p44
The article reports on determining overhead cost of a unique product or task in a company.
- Wabash aspires to build '10-year trailer.' // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2004, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p10
No abstract available.