Medium- and heavy-truck sales decline 27% in December '08, 19% for full year
- Patching the holes in our pockets. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2004, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p4
Comments on the factors that hinder the profitability of manufacturers and distributors in the truck industry. Questions that must be considered by manufacturers and distributors in evaluating profitability; Initiative launched by the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) to improve the...
- Medium and heavy truck sales down 17%. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2008, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the 17% drop in medium and heavy truck sales in the U.S. in March 2008. Data presented by Wards Communications show that the sales were down from the previous year yet increased 8% from the previous month. Dealers were able to sell 41,462 trucks with gross vehicle weight...
- Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Up 9% in April. Weber, Rick // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;5/13/2014, p1
The article discusses the compilation of truck sales for medium and heavy units in April 2014 by research firm Wards Communications. Trucks of various gross vehicular weight ratings are reported to post sales improvements over the preceding month and year with Class 4, Class 8 and the over...
- ATD Convention & Expo scheduled for 2014. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2013, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p82
The article offers information on the 51st annual American Truck Dealers (ATD) Convention & Expo to be held in New Orleans, Louisiana in January 2014.
- Commercial trucks post strong growth. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2005, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the sales performance of retail trucks in the U.S. in 2004. Rate of increase in the trucks sold by dealers; Percentage of retail sales attributed to light-duty vehicles; Classification of trucks in terms of their gross vehicle weight ratings.
- Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Up 31% in January. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/13/2012, p1
The article reports a 31 percent increase in medium and heavy truck sales in January 2012, according to figures compiled by Wards Communications.
- A kilt-ful of concerns. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2010, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p32
The article features projections for the truck and trailer sector in the U.S. at the Heavy Duty Aftermarket Forum in 2010. The industry is reportedly faced with product improvements that have lessened overhauling frequency, over-distribution in a flat market for the next five years and the...
- Carrier Honors Dealers. // Frozen Food Age;Jul2001, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p38
Reports on the awards presented by the Carrier Transicold company to its dealers. Dealer of the Year Award received by Kile Truck Refrigeration; Winners from various award categories.
- Used equipment: a market in ubheaval. // Overdrive;Jul2009, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p32
The article offers several truck industry-related challenges and developments in the U.S. in 2009. Truck dealers are faced with the decision of keeping trucks longer or cutting prices. They viewed that truck sales have been obstructed due to lack of financing. They also clarify that the hefty...