- Untitled. // Crochet!;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p95
Two tables are presented that offer information on standard yarn weight system and skill levels in crocheting.
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet!;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p64
Diagrams of several crocheting stitches are presented.
- Introduction. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p4
The article provides an introduction to the craft of knitting. Knitting is essentially looping and interlocking a length of yarn using two sticks to produce a fabric. In previous times, families reportedly often created their own original stitch patterns based on the area they lived in. The...
- What you need to know. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p10
The article discusses needed information when starting to knit. It presents a table of abbreviations of common terms that are indicated in most knitting patterns. It lists the various weights of yarns based on British and American measurements. The author shares that tension or gauge can be...
- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Mar2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p72
The article offers information on several crochet stitches. The single crochet (sc) is done by inserting the hook in the second chain through the center of the so-called V and bringing the yarn over the hook from back to front. Slip Stitch is done by inserting the hook under both loops of the...
- Who is a typical "knitter"? Matela, Bobbie // Creative Knitting;Sep2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p4
Describes the characteristics of a typical knitter. Lack of interest of the public in knitting; Reasons for knitting.
- Crochet Potpourri. Waggener, Nancy; Uhlemeyer, Elsie; LaCoste, Cecelia; Fisk, Becky; Wallace, Eva; Selph, Debra; Leach, Terri; Kessinger, Carol; Foster, Sue Ann; Foss, Denise; Michalowsky, Frances; Frankel, Edith // Crochet World;Dec2007, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p20
The section deals with materials needed by several readers for their crocheting projects. A reader is looking for an original pattern of Annie's Attic More Jug Covers that uses sizes 10 and 20 crochet cotton. Another reader is looking for Red Heart yarns number 4311 white fleck and a variegated...
- MASTERING THE ART OF COLOR BLOCKING. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Winter2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
The article offers suggestions and tips for crocheters on how to get smooth, professional-looking results from color blocking. One is to avoid mixing more than three colors together for it may make the wearer's body looks wider and shorter. Another is to use one of the neutral colors to outline...
- Stitch & Color Techniques. // Warm Hands Warm the Heart;2010, p44
The article discusses the color and stitch techniques in knitting. It notes the provision of a chart to follow the pattern when working with more than one color in a round or row. It describes stranded or fair isle knitting which entails changing yarn colors within the row or round. Step-by-step...