- Untitled. // Crochet!;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p95
Two tables are presented that offer information on standard yarn weight system and skill levels in crocheting.
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet!;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p64
Diagrams of several crocheting stitches are presented.
- Granny Scarf. // Annie's Favorite Crochet;Oct2005, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p10
The article provides information on creating a granny square scarf. The materials needed for crocheting are Spinrite Bernat Solo bulky weight yarn, crochet hook, balls and lichen. The procedures for making the scarf are detailed.
- Crochet Connections. Davis, Freda; Rayburn, Linda; Armstrong, N. A.; McLafferty, Sheila; Aguilar, Janie; Madison, Brenda; Hart, Elizabeth; Charboneau, Jennifer; Forell, Karen; Goltry, Ruth; Velez, Gilca M. // Crochet World;Feb2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p26
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one on crocheting granny squares, another one on filet crochet cow patterns and another one on yarn made by Red Heart for the Christmas holidays.
- Introduction. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p4
The article provides an introduction to the craft of knitting. Knitting is essentially looping and interlocking a length of yarn using two sticks to produce a fabric. In previous times, families reportedly often created their own original stitch patterns based on the area they lived in. The...
- Sock Hop. Smith, Marcy // Interweave Crochet;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p10
The article offers tips on crocheting socks and measuring sock yarns. It notes that some yarns are designated as sock yarns, and ;most have a very tight twist, giving them spring. It suggests to choose the weight which best suits the project, lighter for lacy socks and heavier for hiking socks....
- Who is a typical "knitter"? Matela, Bobbie // Creative Knitting;Sep2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p4
Describes the characteristics of a typical knitter. Lack of interest of the public in knitting; Reasons for knitting.
- MASTERING THE ART OF COLOR BLOCKING. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Winter2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
The article offers suggestions and tips for crocheters on how to get smooth, professional-looking results from color blocking. One is to avoid mixing more than three colors together for it may make the wearer's body looks wider and shorter. Another is to use one of the neutral colors to outline...
- LIFE & LOVE IN THE AISLES OF MICHAEL'S. Long, Cindy // Crochet!;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p98
The article relates how a crocheter sought out her husband's help to buy the necessary materials needed for her project. The author searched for the yarn colors needed for the project. She then decided that she needs to go to Michael's to get white yarn. Her husband accompanied her to the store...