- Untitled. // Crochet!;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p95
Two tables are presented that offer information on standard yarn weight system and skill levels in crocheting.
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet!;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p64
Diagrams of several crocheting stitches are presented.
- Crochet Connections. Davis, Freda; Rayburn, Linda; Armstrong, N. A.; McLafferty, Sheila; Aguilar, Janie; Madison, Brenda; Hart, Elizabeth; Charboneau, Jennifer; Forell, Karen; Goltry, Ruth; Velez, Gilca M. // Crochet World;Feb2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p26
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one on crocheting granny squares, another one on filet crochet cow patterns and another one on yarn made by Red Heart for the Christmas holidays.
- Crochet Potpourri. Waggener, Nancy; Uhlemeyer, Elsie; LaCoste, Cecelia; Fisk, Becky; Wallace, Eva; Selph, Debra; Leach, Terri; Kessinger, Carol; Foster, Sue Ann; Foss, Denise; Michalowsky, Frances; Frankel, Edith // Crochet World;Dec2007, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p20
The section deals with materials needed by several readers for their crocheting projects. A reader is looking for an original pattern of Annie's Attic More Jug Covers that uses sizes 10 and 20 crochet cotton. Another reader is looking for Red Heart yarns number 4311 white fleck and a variegated...
- MASTERING THE ART OF COLOR BLOCKING. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Winter2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
The article offers suggestions and tips for crocheters on how to get smooth, professional-looking results from color blocking. One is to avoid mixing more than three colors together for it may make the wearer's body looks wider and shorter. Another is to use one of the neutral colors to outline...
- Stitch & Color Techniques. // Warm Hands Warm the Heart;2010, p44
The article discusses the color and stitch techniques in knitting. It notes the provision of a chart to follow the pattern when working with more than one color in a round or row. It describes stranded or fair isle knitting which entails changing yarn colors within the row or round. Step-by-step...
- Knitting. Driscoll, Sally // Hobby Profile: Knitting;2015, p1
The article focuses on the craft of knitting. The article discusses the history, practice, and tips and techniques of knitting. Crafters are attracted to the vast array of fashion yarns and hand-dyed natural fibers available, as well as to the new uses for knitting techniques, including basket...
- Granny Scarf. // Annie's Favorite Crochet;Oct2005, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p10
The article provides information on creating a granny square scarf. The materials needed for crocheting are Spinrite Bernat Solo bulky weight yarn, crochet hook, balls and lichen. The procedures for making the scarf are detailed.
- Introduction. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p4
The article provides an introduction to the craft of knitting. Knitting is essentially looping and interlocking a length of yarn using two sticks to produce a fabric. In previous times, families reportedly often created their own original stitch patterns based on the area they lived in. The...