Politician Mulls Proper Disclosure
- Muni Market Participants Are Still Struggling With the Direct-Purchase Sector. MCGEE, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;10/18/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33600, p19
Information regarding the Bond Buyer's 501(c)3 Super Conference held in New York in October 2011 is presented, which discussed topics related to the benefits and drawbacks of the direct purchase sector for tax-exempt bonds.
- Former SEC chief Pitt to discuss options for investor losses. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;2/27/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p41
The article offers information on the free educational seminar at the Caribe Hilton's Gran SalÃ³n Los Rosales in Puerto Rico on February 27, 2014 and mentions that it will be dedicated for investors who suffered losses from financial services company UBS-closed-end bond funds.
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;9/15/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33583, p26
A calendar of events related to bonds in the U.S. from September to December 2011 is presented which includes the Chicago Municipal Bond School, conferences, and seminars.
- Calpine, KPNQwest Heat Markets. // High Yield Report;2/18/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p4
Reports developments in the global secondary bond market. Participation in the industry conferences by Morgan Stanley, Wachovia and Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown in Florida; Effect of poor allocations on trading; Level of trading volume.
- Eanes ISD Eyes GO Package. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/25/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33322, p9
The article offers information on the meeting of trustees in the Eanes Independent School District with regards to general obligation (GO) bond package in Austin, Texas.
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33766, p5
A calendar of events related to municipal bonds in the U.S. from September to December 2012 is presented which includes the fourth annual Ohio Financing Roundtable Conference on Innovation, Energy and Infrastructure in Columbus, Ohio on September 25, Legal and Legislative Issues Conference of...
- East Baton Rouge to Weigh Postponing $901 M Bond Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/5/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33194, p4
The article offers information on the East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Metro Council special session to be held on October 12, 2009.
- Signals and signs. Richardson, Gordon D. // CA Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p37
Offers a look at the disclosure of financial information by various companies in their annual reports. Role played by chartered accountants in such disclosures; Type of information chosen for disclosure with reference to the Dye Model; Outcome of a study conducted by M. Darrough and N. Stoughton.
- The Internet: Changing the way corporations tell their story. Louwers, Timothy J.; Pasewark, William R. // CPA Journal;Nov96, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p24
Discusses the effect of technological changes in the dissemination of financial information. Potential of the Internet to change the way decision makers can use the information; Future of financial disclosure.