Clinton Signs $58B Transportation Bill For FY 2001; NYC Train Grant Survives
- Can Penn station rise again? Davidsen, Judith // Architectural Record;Jun1993, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the reconstruction plans of HOK for a gateway Amtrak station in New York City. Construction thirty years after the razing of the Penn Station by McKim, Mead & White; Remodelling the underground facility; Criticism.
- Pavilion marks new entry to Penn Station. // Architectural Record;Mar1991, Vol. 179 Issue 3, p43
Announces that an entrance pavilion and cooling tower designed by R.M. Kliment & Frances Halsband has been approved for the Long Island Rail Road at New York's Pennsylvania Station.
- Penn Station gets a transplant. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Aug94, Vol. 195 Issue 8, p57
Features the Penn Station in New York. Intercity and commuter trains served; Limited capacity; Computer-aided ctc; Description of operating theater to be controlled by Amtrak and LIRR dispatchers.
- Station money restored. // Crain's New York Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p42
Reports on the restoration of funds allocated for the renovation of Pennsylvania Station in New York City through the reversal of a decision for the US House of Representatives to take back the funds.
- York chiller-heaters picked for Penn Station renovation. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/17/93, Vol. 189 Issue 3, p38
Reports on New York City's Penn Station's renovation. York International Corp.'s supplying of York `ParaFlow' absorption chiller-heaters on chiller plant; Lowering of the humidity in Penn Station; Features; Dart Mechanical Corp. as the mechanical contractor; Estimated cost savings versus using...
- Turf fight roils Penn Station revamp. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;9/25/95, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p4
Reports that the project to convert the James A. Farley Post Office in New York City, New York into a new Pennsylvania Station may be threatened by disputes among Amtrak, the city and the state over who's in charge. State's organization of the Pennsylvania Station Redevelopment Corp. to fund...
- Correction. // Architecture Boston;Winter2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p8
A correction is presented to an article published in a previous issue of the journal that misattributed a quote about Penn Station in New York City, noting that it should have been credited to the architectural critic Vincent Scully.
- Solution. // New Yorker;8/2/1958, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p21
This article relates the case of an executive at New York City's Pennsylvania Railway Station who was impatient to leave for Princeton, New Jersey. When he asked the ticket seller which track the train for Princeton left on, he found that this inquiry had to be made at the information desk. He...
- McKim's monuments. Gill, Brendan // New Yorker;3/14/94, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p72
Features the designs of Charles Follen of Kim, Mead & White. Designing the monument in Pennsylvania Station; Designing the station; Interior; Penn Station as one of the most important buildings designed in the American neoclassical tradition.