E-Guidance Leaves Open Retail Issues
- Disclosure Blasted in Comments. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p1
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's proposal to reduce regulatory requirements for bond dealers that trade electronically and conventionally. Available inventory of securities; Competition between investors and analysts.
- MSRB to See If Rules Fit Online Trades. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30863, p1
Focuses on the review conducted by the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to determine if its rules apply to electronic trading. Aim of the discussion to ensure that the rules for electronic trading are in sync with rules for traditional trading systems; Proposed changes...
- MSRB Plans Guidance on Online Sales. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/02/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30945, p1
Reports on the initiatives planned by the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to provide guidance for online trading of securities. Interpretive release to be published by the board to clarify regulatory responsibilities of dealers when trading municipal securities through...
- MSRB Roundtable to Discuss Impact of E-Trading Systems on Regulation. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30882, p6
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board Roundtable on regulatory issues associated with electronic trading systems. Changes in the marketing of municipal bonds; Real-time trading.
- MSRB May Let Firms, Clients Communicate Electronically. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30496, p4
Discloses Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's plans to draft an interpretative release that would allow broker-dealers to electronically transmit trading documents to their customers. Conditions required for the electronic dissemination of information between dealers and customers;...
- MSRB Responding to Requests for E-Trading Rule Changes. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;08/07/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p20
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) decision to publish two notices for comment regarding electronic trading in the United States. Board's plan to publish an interpretive notice to help clarify dealer responsibilities; Board's response to the Bond Market Association's...
- MSRB Meeting to Focus on Release Covering E-Trading Issues. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p6
Reports that the February 2001 Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board meeting in Carmel, California, aims to discuss how to proceed with an interpretative release issued in the fall of 2000. Proposals contained in the release to ease regulatory burdens for dealers trading with market...
- MSRB to release historic analysis of Muni trading data. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30802, p5
Focuses on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's analysis of municipal securities trades that occurred for a 12-month period in 1998 and 1999. Influence on the decisions of entrepreneurs setting up electronic trading systems; Potential regulatory issues; Plan to send...
- MSRB Hosts Debate On E-What-Ifs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30885, p1
Focuses on a discussion at the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board on electronic securities trading policies in the country. Goals to examine how various trading systems might interact with the rules; Board officials' explanation of how existing rules apply.