25-Year-Old Woman With New-Onset Seizures
- Heterogeneous fusion transcripts involving the NUP98 gene and HOXD13 gene activation in a case of acute myeloid leukemia with the t(2;11)(q31;p15) translocation. Arai, Y; Kyo, T; Miwa, H; Arai, K; Kamada, N; Kita, K; Ohki, M // Leukemia (08876924);Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1621
We report the characterization of a rare chromosomal translocation, a t(2;11)(q31;p15), which occurred in a patient with de novo acute myeloid leukemia (AML-M4). By 3'-RACE and RT-PCR analyses, two kinds of NUP98-HOXD13 fusion transcript were detected. In addition, we identified a novel fusion...
- A novel RT-PCR-based protein activity truncation assay for direct assessment of deoxycytidine kinase in small numbers of purified leukemic cells. Veuger, M J T; Honders, M W; Landegent, J E; Willemze, R; Barge, R M Y // Leukemia (08876924);Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1678
In vitro studies have demonstrated that deoxycytidine kinase (dCK) plays a crucial role in the mechanism of resistance to cytarabine (AraC). The resistant phenotype in vitro is always a result of mutational inactivation of dCK, leading to defects in the metabolic pathways of AraC. Although...
- Marked ploidy and BCR-ABL gene amplification in vivo in a patient treated with STI571. Sirulink, A; Silver, R T; Najfeld, V // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1795
Presents a letter to the editor on chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), published in the November 1, 2001 issue of the journal 'Leukemia'. Cytogenetic analysis of patients; Different phases of CML.
- Mutation of the p51/p63 gene is associated with blastic crisis in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Yamaguchi, H; Inokuchi, K; Sakuma, Y; Dan, K // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1729
The p51/p63 gene, a novel member of the p53 gene family, has recently been identified at 3q27-9. There are at least six major isotypes of p51/p63 mRNA transcripts. p51A/TAp63Î³ has the potential to induce apoptosis and growth suppression in a manner similar to p53, and other isotypes may...
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia: Biology and therapy. Faderl, Stefan; Talpaz, Moshe // Annals of Internal Medicine;08/03/99, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p207
Discusses the biology and treatment advances in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Patient characteristics; Diagnostic work-up; Early and conventional therapies; Allogeneic stem-cell transplantation; Salvage therapy for relapse after transplantation; Significance of cytogenetic response.
- Is it chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis, myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia, chronic megakaryocyticâ€“granulocytic myelosis, or chronic megakaryocytic leukemia? Further thoughts on the nosology of the clonal myeloid disorders. Lichtman, M. A. // Leukemia (08876924);Jul2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1139
Focuses on the re-evaluation of the classification of the clonal myeloid diseases. Definition of the chronic myelogenous leukemias; Shortcoming on the classification of the clonal myeloid diseases; Phenotypic features of chronic myelogenous leukemias.
- Derivative chromosome 9 deletions in chronic myeloid leukaemia: interpretation of atypical D-FISH pattern. Wan, T.S.K.; Ma, S.K.; Au, W.Y.; Chan, L.C. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Jun2003, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p471
Background/Aims: New molecular cytogenetic techniques are increasingly applied as a routine investigative tool in hematological malignancies, both at diagnosis and subsequent monitoring. This report describes the interpretation of atypical signal patterns encountered using BCR-ABL dual color...
- The Therapy of Acute Granulocytic Leukemia in Patients More Than Fifty Years Old. Grann, Victor; Erichson, Robert; Flannery, John; Finch, Stuart; Clarkson, Bayard // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan74, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p15
Provides information on a study which indicated that patients more than 50 years old have the opportunity for nearly the same response rate and survival as younger patients with acute granulocytic leukemia. Composition of drug programs for patients with acute granulocytic leukemia; Rate of...
- Clonal evolution to acute myeloblastic leukemia with MLL gene rearrangement from trisomy 8 clone. Katayama, Y; Takimoto, H; Fujii, N; Kimura, G; Omoto, E; Harada, M // Leukemia (08876924);Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1380
A 20-year-old Japanese man was referred because of severe pancytopenia with 14% of abnormal blasts in hypocellular bone marrow. After treatment by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) and transfusions of red blood cells, spontaneous remission was subsequently achieved. After 3 months'...