D.C. Names Tobacco Deal Players; Sale Set for February
- Nixon Peabody among nation's top 10 bond counsels. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/28/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p44A
Features the public finance firm Nixon Peabody in Long Island, New York. Inclusion of the company in the top ten bond counsels; Company background; Details of the total bond issues of the company.
- Counsel Rankings Shift Big. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/16/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33697, p1
The article offers information on the changes in the rankings of several bond, disclosure, and underwriter's counsel firms in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2012 including Nixon Peabody LLP, Greenberg Traurig LLP, and Sidley Austin LLP.
- 'Free School' for N.Y.C. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32543, p29
The article reports that the New York City Education Construction Fund plans to sell $51.3 million of revenue bonds to build an intermediate public school for approximately 550 full-time students on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. The 30-year bonds will be sold at fixed rate with financial...
- California GOs Different And Stronger Than Detroit's. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;3/21/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F312, p1
The article focuses on the difference in market prices of limited tax general obligation bonds (GO) and voter-approved unlimited-tax GOs offered by bankrupt Detroit City, Michigan. Topics discussed include views of Robert Christmas of Nixon Peabody LLP, regarding municipal markets in the City,...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2016, Issue 34457, p1
The article presents a list of financial services companies including Nixon Peabody LLP, Public Resources Advisory Group and Joseph Fasi LLC issuing bonds in the U.S.
- IRS Refunding Proposals Raise Concerns With Lawyers. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31633, p3
Issuers and bond counsel may face increased burdens under proposed regulations the U.S. Internal Revenue Service will publish on that would mandate how issuers calculate private-activity use and payments for refunding bonds, lawyers said May 9, 2003.Because the private-business use and payments...
- Teachers College Deal Among Latest DASNY Approvals. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p4
The article reports on the approval of 425 million dollars in bonds for educational institutions by the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York. Morgan Stanley will manage the sale while Nixon Peabody LLP will be the bond counsel. Refunding bonds for the University of Rochester has also...
- Nixon Peabody Cements Chicago Footing With New Union. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;1/29/2015, p6
The article announces the merger of law firms Nixon Peabody LLP and Ungaretti & Harris LLP on February 1, 2015. Data provided shows the number of lawyers employed by Nixon Peabody and its international operations, the number of layers employed by Ungaretti & Harris, and the total value of bond...
- Nixon Peabody Promotes Two to Counsel. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;10/30/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34004, p1
The article announces two promotions at the law firm Nixon Peabody LLP as of 2013 including Barry Rothchild as bond counsel in New York City and Neal Pandozzi as bond counsel in Boston and Providence, Rhode Island.