Fleet Securities Restructures Public Finance Management
- Fleet unit expands in a municipal field dominated by retreat. Dutta, Mahua // Bond Buyer;08/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30207, p24
Reports on Fleet Securities Inc.'s expansion in the municipal bond market. Hiring of bankers with public finance expertise; Withdrawal of major Wall Street firms from the municipal bond business; Optimism of Fleet executives despite increasing risk, thinning needs and declining volume in the...
- Fleet Lays Off Five From Institutional Municipal Sales. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31041, p6
Reports on the dismissal of five employees in the institutional municipal sales department at Fleet Securities Inc. Restructuring in the department of the company.
- Suffolk completes successful bond sale. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/25/98, Vol. 45 Issue 52, p7A
States that Suffolk County, New York has completed that sale of Public Improvement Serial Bonds, 1998 Series C to Fleet Securities. True interest cost of the bonds; Projects in the Series C bonds; County Investment community's faith in county's fiscal status.
- For Netsmart, Some Bidders in Its Net? Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/30/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p5
Reports on the decision of New York-based Netsmart Technologies Inc. to hire Fleet Securities Inc. as its advisor for a strategic exploration of alternatives, including a possible sale, as of September 2002.
- Fleet Securities is looking to apply `supermarket approach' to underwriting. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;03/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30344, p1
Reports on Fleet Securities Inc.'s strategy on the municipal bond market in the United States. Approach of the company for its municipal services; Fleet's bond underwriting operations; Fleet's position in the public finance business; Financial profile of the company.
- High-Yield Head for Fleet's Capital Unit. // American Banker;5/12/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 90, p17
Reports that Fleet Securities Inc.'s capital markets unit has hired Frederick H. Taylor as managing director and head of its high-yield research.
- Fleet eyes San Francisco office, lead manages public works debt. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p40
Reports on Fleet Securities Inc.'s hiring of Bernard Mikell to establish a public finance office in New York. Career history of Mikell.
- ABCP market absorbs Buffet's $6B bailout financing for bankrupt Finova. // Asset Securitization Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p1
Reports that Fleet Securities Inc. has begun placing Berkadia LLC's six million dollar bailout loan to Finova Capital Corp. into the asset-backed commercial paper market. Use of the loan to pay off existing creditors; Filing of Finova for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Pittsburgh Pirates securitize stadium receivables, still cellar dwellers. // Asset Securitization Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p4
Reports on Pittsburgh Pirates' 50 million dollar stadium financing securitization via Fleet Securities Inc. Structure of the financing.