Houses OKs Bill Mitigating Risk
- Financial reform is unlikely to get House vote this year. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;9/5/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 171, p2
Reports that US House has shelved financial reform legislation until 1998. House Banking Committee approval and turnover to the House Commerce Committee on June 20, 1997; Advocates' contention that any delay helps opponents.
- The House Passes Financial Modernization. Dixon, Mary; Coyle, Tom // America's Community Banker;Aug99, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p10
Reports the ratification of the legislation regarding the modernization of the financial system in the United States by the House of Representative. Information on the bill; Significance of the bill.
- H.R. 10--a balancing act. // Insurance Advocate;03/21/98, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on the status of the H.R. 10, finance bill, in the Unites States House of Representatives. Authors of the bill; Background of the bill; Comments from representatives on the bill.
- HAC Sends Supp To House After Shifting Army Radio Funds To P-3. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;5/8/2009, Vol. 242 Issue 27, p8
The article reports that a supplemental war-spending bill was approved by the U.S. House Appropriations Committee (HAC) after transferring funding from Army radios to Navy aircraft and adding language seeking a multi-year contract for naval jet fighters. House Appropriations Defense subcommittee...
- The Cost-of-Education Increase. St. John, Eric // Black Issues in Higher Education;07/08/1999, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p20
Discusses the issue on high cost of tuition fees in universities and colleges in the United States (US). Information on universities that comprised the Pennsylvania System of Higher Education; Amount of increases in the tuition fees in various schools; Action taken by the US House of...
- Congress Still Has Work to Do. LaFalce, John // National Mortgage News;1/14/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p4
Discusses the accomplishments of the Financial Services Committee of the United States House of Representatives in 2001. Inclusion of the passage of anti-terrorism money laundering legislation; Introduction of a bill on terrorism insurance; Omissions from the committee's agenda, particularly in...
- House passes 2013 Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/25/2013, p3
The article reports that the Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act (H.R. 933) was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in April 2013, which is designed to allocate 984 billion U.S. dollars for federal non-emergency discretionary funding.
- Commerce panel jurisdiction over modernization extended. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;09/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30235, p40
Reports that the US House leadership has granted the Commerce Committee indefinite jurisdiction over financial modernization legislation. Letter to Speaker Newt Gingrich from House Banking Committee chairman James Leach; Legislation sponsored by Leach.
- House Commerce Committee ready to run with finance modernization bill. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;07/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30184, p6
Reports on the voting of the financial modernization bill by legislators on the US House Commerce Committee. Hearings planned for the bill; Provisions contained in the legislation.