Arkansas Court Axes Sales Tax Measure From Ballot
- Arkansas high court removes tax repeal from Nov. 3 ballot. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p1
Reports on the decision of the Arkansas Supreme Court to remove a property tax repeal question from the ballot on November 3, 1998. Agreement with the ruling of special master Jack Lessenberry; Plans for a rehearing by Oscar Stilley, organizer of the petition drive; Details on the proposal.
- June taxable sales in Nevada fall by 0.3 percent. Edwards, John G. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/6/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 36, pP13
The article reports on the decline in Nevada's taxable sales for June 2010, as compared to its June 2009 figures.
- Oklahoma County Seeks Voter Approval for Sales Tax Hike to Pay for Jail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the plans of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to put the request for a sales tax increase on vote in May 2003. Utilization of the increased revenue; Amount of annual sales tax expected to increase; Concerns over the use of sales tax revenue generated by the increase.
- Legislature extends deadline. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/21/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, pA2
Reports the extension of the deadline of the sales-tax credit for convention-center construction in Spokane, Washington.
- Tax and spend: A plan for real retail revival. Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;2/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the experiment conducted in New York City's clothing retail industry by removing the sales tax. Contention that the experiment was successful; Examination of retail sales in Chicago; Description of Chicago politicians look at life; Reasons why a sales tax is a positive way of raising...
- Antitax vote in California sends signal nationwide. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;6/29/95, Vol. 87 Issue 150, p1
Discusses implications of a vote by Orange County of California in June 1995 against a sales tax increase proposed by the government for the county's bailout. Details about the decision; Reactions to the Orange County vote.
- Illinois considers tax-refund plan. Hall, Susan Bard // Hotel & Motel Management;12/11/95, Vol. 210 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the proposed International Traveler Tax Refund Program on state sales tax in Illinois. Offering of tax-free shopping to international visitors; Details of the program.
- Parola analyzes sales tax rollback. Martorana, Jamie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/02/96, Vol. 43 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the financial impact on Nassau County, New York State of rescinding the county's share of the sales tax on clothing and shoe purchases under $500 during the week of January 18 to 24, 1997 as disclosed by Fred Parola, the county's comptroller. Revenue loss resulting from the proposed...
- Clark County taxable sales. // Las Vegas Business Press;05/19/97, Vol. 14 Issue 20, ICSC Retail Report p4
No abstract available.