Chicago Parks Issue to Be Backed by Harbor Revenues
- ILLINOIS: Park GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the plans of Chicago Park District in Chicago, Illinois to price $48.5 million of limited-tax general obligation bonds and $59.8 million of unlimited-tax GO alternative revenue source bonds. Companies securing the bonds; Senior manager and co-senior manager of the bonds; Credit...
- Park Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/23/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31497, p31
Reports that Chicago Park District board, in the second week of October 2002, signed off on the financing package for a $2.5 billion downtown development project. Approval of a special assessment bond issue to provide the funds needed for infrastructure work at the downtown site.
- Chicago Park District Aims for Savings With $79M Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31512, p34
Reports on the decision of Chicago Park District in Illinois to sell $78.5 million of general obligation refunding bonds in order to restructure a 1999 parking garage revenue issue. Tentative maturity date set for the bonds; Benefit of refunding of the 1999 bonds; Credit ratings of the district.
- Chicago Parks to Dip Into Surplus; Bolster Short-Term Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30957, p3
Reports on plans by the Chicago Park District in Chicago, Illinois, to issue tax anticipation warrants in August 2000 in order to allow the agency to forgo issuing any general obligation debt during the rest of the year. Routine capital expenses; Moody's Investors Service's assignment of a top...
- Some Chicago co-managers get a guaranteed piece of the pie. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p24
Focuses on the guarantee received by co-managers of the $67.6 million new-money and refunding bonds issued by Chicago Park District in Illinois. Bonds given to co-managers as part of a retention system that was settled prior to the pricing in February 1999; Co-managers' concern that investors...
- Dixmoor saga creeps ahead, but sides say deal is not yet close. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30776, p7
Reports on the negotiations between the Illinois attorney general's office and representatives of Chapman & Cutler on ways to penalize the bond counsel firm for its role in bond deals on behalf of the defunct Dixmoor Park District.
- Chicago Parks Gear Up for $40 Million in Revitalization Deals. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30873, p6
Reports on the plan of the Chicago Park District to offer bonds. Capital plan for the fiscal year 2000; Structure of the planned bond issue.
- Chicago Park District hopes adding to issue will raise future capacity. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30533, p5
Discloses the plans of the Chicago Park District to add $19 million of refunding bonds to its $45 million new-money issue. Efforts to generate up-front savings for future capacity; Creation of future opportunities for borrowing to continue the capital program.
- Prosecutors Near End of Dixmoor Case. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/01/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30881, p2
Reports on the possible cash payment for Chapman & Cutler's role as bond counsel on bond deals for Dixmoor Park District in Chicago, Illinois. Tolling agreement of the state.