Program Reduces Debt Burden of Texas School Districts
- LOUISIANA: Straight A's. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p29
Reports on the credit ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. for bonds of school district number 12 in Saint Tammany Parish, Louisiana. Sale of general obligation bonds; Growth in the district's residential community.
- Financial Follies Put Phoenix-Area School District's Ratings at Risk. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31510, p4
Reports that the Deer Valley Unified School District in suburban Phoenix, Arizona could face a decrease in its credit ratings after a pair of controversies that came to light as of November 2002. Details of these controversies; Amount of bond authorization of the school district from an...
- Schools Face Ratings Fallout Over Uncovered Deficits. Albanese, Elizabeth; Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31515, p5
Reports on the possibility of a second cut in the credit rating of Saint Vrain Valley School District RE-1J near Denver, Colorado in November 2002. Controversy over revelations of larger than previously stated budget gaps; Concerns about the district's budget problem; Ratings of Saint Vrain...
- Three Schools Upgraded. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/30/2012, p7
The article reports that three of the five school districts in Wisconsin which are involved in 200 million U.S. dollars investment have achieved rating upgrades such as Waukesha School District, West Allis-West Milwaukee School District and Whitefish Bay School District.
- MINNESOTA: Moody's Drops School GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/27/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33738, p7
The article reports that the Duluth, Minnesota, Independent School District No. 709's general obligation rating has been downgraded by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. from A1 to Baa1 just before its upcoming new-money debt issuance.
- New York schools. Marino, Richard; Quail, Kathleen // Bond Buyer;09/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30237, p8
Reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's has upgraded the general obligation debt of the New York School District Credit Enhancement Program.
- Ohio Schools Stable, Moody's Reports. // Bond Buyer;06/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30907, p2
Reports on the credit quality of Ohio school districts as of June 7, 2000. Funding of public education.
- Wyoming school districts. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/13/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30208, p6
Reports on the expected convergence of credit ratings of Wyoming's school districts according to Standard & Poor's economists Jonathan Jacobson and Susan Schaffer.
- Kalamazoo, SD, Mich., Outlook Stable by S & P. // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p2
Reports on the revised credit rating for Kalamazoo School District in Michigan.