- N.Y. Power Agency's $430M Sale Gets AA-Minus From S&P. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p6
Reports on the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the pending revenue bond deals of the New York State Power Authority. Use of the proceeds to refund existing debt including commercial paper; Citation of the strong debt service coverage of the authority by the rating agency which...
- Power Authority will open garage to moviegoers. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/07/96, Vol. 35 Issue 41, p12
Reports on New York State Power Authority's plans for constructing a parking garage to accommodate the moviegoers at Regal Cinemas Inc. Business hours; Common Council's plans for holding a public hearing.
- Authority plan ok'd. // Crain's New York Business;12/23/96, Vol. 12 Issue 52, p22
Reports that New York Power Authority trustees gave final approval to a rate plan for use of the transmission system, which will facilitate competition among wholesale electricity suppliers. Authorization for the filing of the open-access tariff with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission by...
- Electric and magnetic fields: The Marcy-South decision. Poe Jr., W. Edward // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p38
Provides information on the Marcy-South court decision regarding the health effects of electric and magnetic fields (EMF) of the Power Authority of the State of New York by plaintiff Mr. Zapavigma. Information on the Marcy-South litigation; How the Court did not sustain the plaintiff's attempt...
- Power Authority to outsource nuclear management services. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p11
Reports on the New York Power Authority's (NYPA) agreement to work toward outsourcing management services for its James A. Fitzpatrick nuclear power plant in Scriba and its Indian Point 3 plant in Westchester County. Expected signing of a five-year contract between NYPA and Entergy Corp.
- Power agency shifts gears. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/5/94, Vol. 233 Issue 27, p9
Reports on a staff recommendation for the consolidation of electric generation and marketing operations of the New York Power Authority. Establishment of an entity for managing transmission lines; Restoration of a power plant near Buchanan, New York.
- New executives named at Power Authority. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;09/29/97, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p9B
Presents the list of newly appointed executives at the New York Power Authority (NYPA) as of September 29, 1997. Includes appointment of Eugene W. Zeltmann as president and chief operating officer of NYPA; Appointment of David E. Blabey as secretary and general counsel; Promotion of Robert A....
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.