Heartland Turns to Allegrini For Help On High-Yield Funds
- Prudential, Fidelity Ex-Managers: Bond Prices Would Get 'Smoothed' Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p1
Reports that the Prudential Investments and Fidelity Investments have used prices for overvalued bonds. Charges against Heartland Advisors Inc by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Valuation of securities; Statement of Peter Allegrini of Prudential.
- PETER J. ALLEGRINI. // Bond Buyer;6/30/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31916, p3
Pays tribute to Peter J. Allegrini, former head of municipal bond funds at Prudential Investments and a former mutual fund portfolio manager at Fidelity Investments. Personal background; Career highlights; Contributions to the financial industry; Calculated investment strategies; Achievements.
- Embracing health care. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;04/30/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30631, p1
Reports on the investments of Heartland Advisors Inc. Investments in nursing homes, continuing care retirement centers, hospitals and mental health facilities; Sectors that are less susceptible in the downturn of the economy.
- $14M Settlement In Heartland Suit. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p1
Focuses on the class action lawsuit filed by investors in two of the tax-exempt, high-yield mutual funds of Heartland Advisor Inc. in the U.S. Details on the partial settlement stipulation filed by a mutual fund company in the federal court; Dismissal of the case; Investigation on the...
- More Heartland Woes as It Battles Outflows, New Competition. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p23
Highlights the challenges facing Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Heartland Advisors Inc. in 2001. Markdowns of Heartland's high-yield funds; Strong Capital Management Inc.'s launch of a state-specific, Wisconsin tax-free fund.
- Heartland piques investor interest with short-duration portfolio. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;03/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30354, p8
Focuses on the growth of the first high-yield fund introduced by Heartland Advisors Inc. which average duration is limited to three years. Usage of the fund as a stepping stone for shareholders before investing in a longer-term fund; Fund's acquisition of nonrated bonds to remain fully invested;...
- Heartland Aided More Portfolios. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p1
Reports on Heartland Advisors Inc.'s effort to create liquidity in its two troubled high-yield municipal bond funds in the United States. Involvement of a third mutual fund and some private accounts the firm managed; Documents released by the Wisconsin Investment Board.
- Choosing the right consultant. Minter, Stephen G. // Occupational Hazards;Jan96, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p51
No abstract available.
- CPAs, EAs, tax preparers have significantly different credentials. Negro, Paul Del // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/23/95 - 1/30/95, Vol. 6 Issue 19, FOCUS Magazine p9
Offers advice on hiring tax preparers. Lack of regulations of any kind for tax preparers in most states; Internal Revenue Services' (IRS) concern about commercial preparers; Description of titles and credentials held by tax practitioners.