EnerNOC Worries Over Metering Rivals
- Near-record heat brings near-record power load. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/2/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p5
Deals with the prediction of the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) for electric loads in New York City in August 2002. Importance of energy conservation; Success of its demand-response program for electricity; Background of NYISO.
- CALIFORNIA POWER CRISIS IMPACTING GREEN POWER MARKET. // Worldwide Energy;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
Presents an overview of California's energy crisis and its effect on green power market in 2001.
- Major electricity shortages threatened next year. // Modern Power Systems;Nov98, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the electricity shortage threat in Namibia. Namibian government's planned interconnection with the South African grid.
- POWER STRUGGLE. Griscom, Amanda // New York;06/18/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p22
Discusses the power supply problem in New York. Status of New York's power resources; Factors that led to the problem; Actions taken by building owners to use other sources of electricity.
- IRANIAN. Foster, Kevin // International Power Generation;Apr2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on the abundance of power supply in Iran. Statistics on power projects brought on line in a short period of time; Growth in the country's annual power consumption; Entry of foreign investment to the power sector of Iran despite political problems; Openness to foreign investors in the...
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION. // Global Energy Market Research: Bulgaria;May2012, p16
The article discusses the consumption of energy resources in Bulgaria. It mentions that its main energy consumption has been growing since 1999 wherein consumption per capita is 2.2 tonne of oil equivalent (toe) and 3,700 kilowatt per hour (kWh) in electricity. It also notes that the country's...
- UK industrial energy prices lowest in EU. // Utility Week;1/16/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p8
Reports that industrial electricity customers in Great Britain pay the lowest industrial gas prices in Europe. Background on domestic energy price increases in the country; Growth of final consumption of electricity.
- Metering, communications and computing for price-responsive demand programs. Hirst, Eric; Kirby, Brendan // Electric Light & Power;Aug2001, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p17
Reports the importance of technologies to support energy pricing programs in the United States. Cost of metering, communication and decision-support technologies; Need for a meter to store power use data; Transmission of consumption data from load-serving entity to consumers.
- TECHNOLOGY MAKES DEMAND RESPONSE A VIABLE ASSET OPTION. Blankinship, Steve // Power Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p58
The article presents information on demand response as a solution to short electricity supply. Reducing electric usage and utilizing distributed generation on short notice, termed as demand response, is becoming a more accepted solution and is increasingly seen as a dependable resource akin to...