Chicago YMCA to Offer $60 Million Deal
- $14.7-mil overhaul under way at down-at-the-heels Lawson Y. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/95, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p11
Reports on the renovation of the Lawson House Young Men's Christian association in Chicago, Illinois. Cost; Reorganization scheme; Comments from executive director Bill MacAfee.
- YMCA finds creative ways to stay relevant. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;1/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 41, p1
Discusses changes being made to YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) facilities in the United States.
- YMCA taxed. // Christian Century;12/16/87, Vol. 104 Issue 37, p1137
Reports that the Oregon Department of Revenue has been put on the tax rolls on the grounds that it is not a charitable organization. Competition for private fitness clubs.
- YMCA's cogen system to create $338,000 cash flow. Nelson, Kessel L. // Energy User News;Oct97, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the expectation of a positive cash flow totalling $337,978 from a paid-from-savings cogeneration replacement project completed in June, 1997, at the Young Men's Christian Association in Greenwich, Connecticut. Cost of the project; Name of the company that performed the installation...
- YMCA seeks downtown site for new $12m-plus building. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;01/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
Reports that the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) of Metropolitan Detroit is looking for appropriate sites to construct a $12 million facility. Comments from Reid Thebault, president and chief executive officer of the Metropolitan Detroit YMCA; Information on the previous building that...
- YMCA buys Metairie land for new building. Kaplan, Blake // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/18/94, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the land purchase made by the Greater New Orleans Young Men's Christian Association in Metairie, Louisiana. Plans for constructing a building to replace the building purchased by East Jefferson General Hospital; Past plans for the land; Cost estimates.
- YMCA seeks pool staff. // Chinatown News;6/18/94, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p31
Comments that the South Slope Family YMCA is hiring summer staff for their indoor pool and summer aquatic programs. Contact point.
- Political football award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/22/96, Vol. 43 Issue 17, p1
Criticizes Southold Town Board in New York State for showing little support for a Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) indoor swimming and recreation center.
- YMCA honors Triangle Club members. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/14/95, Vol. 42 Issue 33, p25
Reports on the establishment of the Triangle Club by the board of directors of the Young Men's Christian Association in Long Island, New York. Goals for establishing the club; Membership gift requirement for club members; Club honorees.