Utah School District Case May Be First in IRS Mediation Process
- Utah Issuer Pays Off IRS; Case to Wrap. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31332, p1
Reports that the Utah School District Finance Cooperative has reached a tentative agreement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's appeals office to pay the federal government an undisclosed amount of money to settle the IRS' charge that its $200 million bond issue in 1988 violated the tax...
- IRS: Utah pool Bonds taxable; issuer disputes facts of case. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30287, p1
Presents information on the disclosure of a bond which is said to be taxable and was issued by the Internal Revenue Service to the Utah School District Finance Cooperative is taxable. Value of the bond; When this disclosure was made; Information on what the issuer contends; Comments from Brad...
- Utah Cooperative Suffers Setback In Ongoing Bond Dispute with IRS. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p1
Reports on the bond dispute between the Utah School District Finance Cooperative and the United States Internal Revenue Service. Taxation of a 1998 bond issue; Structure of the bonds.
- IRS Extends TEB Mediation Program For Audited Issuers Through July 2007. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has renewed the Tax-Exempt Bond Mediation Pilot Program for another year. It can be used by issuers of tax-exempt bonds, who are under examination by the agency's tax-exempt bond office, to request intervention from a trained mediator...
- IRS Sends Tax Bills To Some Muni Holders. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/08/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30971, p2
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's tax on institutional holders of municipal bonds that violated the laws of governing tax-exempt securities; Municipal bond audit of the agency.
- NABL to IRS: Get Issuers Not Investors. Hume, Lynn; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p1
Reports on a proposal by the National Association of Bond Lawyers that the United States Internal Revenue Service restructure its enforcement program for municipal bonds. Penalties for issuers and conduit borrowers for tax-law violations, rather than innocent bondholders; Group's letter to...
- Hatch's IRS appeal plan awaits committee nod. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30358, p4
Reports on the expected US Senate hearings for a proposal that would enable municipal bond issuers to appeal bond tax rulings by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Exclusion of the proposal from an IRS restructuring bill reviewed by the Senate Finance Committee on March 24, 1998.
- IRS Considers Expanding Audit Program To Address Depreciation, Expenditures. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p36
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may extend its small-state industrial development municipal bond audit program, according to William Mark Scott, bond liaison for the IRS' Midstates region. Focus on capital expenditure and depreciation adjustment problems; IRS'...
- Tax appeal guidance expected this week. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p10
Reports on the scheduled release of the long-awaited guidance from the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on how municipal bond issuers can appeal initial bond taxability determinations in November 1998.