- Commentary: How Facebook Ads Are Like Conference Sponsors. Beer, Mitchell // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;8/27/2012, p2
The author offers his insight on the decline of Facebook users and popularity. He comments on the $9 billion loss of Mark Zuckerberg in August 2012, one of the co -founder of the online social network, on the value of his shares. He offers his views when General Motors Corp. withdrew $10 million...
- Facebook's Zuckerberg calls online openness the "social norm.". Farber, Alex // New Media Age;1/14/2010, p05
The article reveals the claim made by online social network Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg that openness has become the social norm with people sharing more information about themselves, as reflected in its move to update its privacy settings in December 2009 where personal information is...
- Facebook Frenzy. KIRKPATRICK, DAVID // Newsweek;5/28/2012, Vol. 159 Issue 22, p7
The article looks at the initial public offering (IPO) of the social networking service Facebook in May 2012. Topics include the debated effectiveness of advertising on Facebook, comments by chief executive officer Mark Zuckerberg, and the decision of U.S. automaker General Motors (GM) to...
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO. // Day After;11/1/2014, p1
The article reports that social networking site Facebook is expected to raise $16 billion after pricing its initial public offering (IPO) at $38, the rate underwriters will sell Facebook shares to their clients. It says that the IPO will be on the open market on November 7, 2014 while Mark...
- Web 2.0: The Party's Over. Hempel, Jessi // Fortune International (Europe);6/14/2010, Vol. 161 Issue 8, p10
The article discuses the lack of profits earned by social-networking startup companies that were recommended by venture capitalists from the years 2002 to 2007. It is suggested that the Facebook web site which was created by Mark Zuckerberg is one of the few that will profit in 2010. Other Web...
- Facebook To Sell 70 Mil Shares. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/23/2013, pB02
10 CEO Mark Zuckerberg plans to sell 41.4 mil shares worth $2.3 bil as part of the social networking site's 70 mil-share sale â€” its 1st follow-on offering. He is also buying Class B shares, which have more voting rights than Class A stock. Shares priced at 55.05. The offering is meant to...
- â€¦PUTS "TIME" IN EXCELLENT "FAST COMPANY.". // Media Industry Newsletter;12/20/2010, Vol. 63 Issue 48, p3
The article reports on a cover story about Mark Zuckerberg, founder of the social networking site Facebook, that appeared in the May 14, 2007 issue of the magazine "Fast Company" under editor-in-chief Bob Safian.
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg commits to supporting UK developers. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;6/24/2010, p04
The article focuses on the commitment of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to increase the social networking site's support for British brands and content providers.
- Facebook grows mobile. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;1/31/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the insights of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg that the online social networking site Facebook has connected to over 1.06 billion active users as of December 31, 2012.