- OPEC To Revisit Output Later. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/7/2015, pA01
3 OPEC said at its Vienna meeting it won't cut output and will revisit production once Iran and U.S. shale output is known. Russia didn't attend to avoid leaving the impression it was cutting a deal with the cartel, analysts say. U.S. oil rig count fell to 545 from 555 a week ago according to
- Oil supply fears drive price high. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/3/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 31, p12
The article reports that crude oil neared record highs on speculation that demand will outpace supply. Brent crude traded at $77.87 a barrel on August 1, 2007 after hitting $78.21 on July 31, 2007, close to the record $78.40 reached on July 14, 2006. Opec, under the spotlight ahead of its next...
- Oil Price Slump May Worsen. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/14/2015, pA01
2 The IEA sees 2016 OPEC output up but non-OPEC oil production falling by nearly 500,000 barrels a day, the most since '92. Brent oil could hit $20 a barrel, as the oil glut is worse than previously estimated, Goldman Sachs said. U.S. oil rigs fell in the latest week by 10 to 652. Reports say...
- New rig construction: Now? Never? Marsh, Tom // Offshore;Jan97, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p92
Focuses on the petroleum industry's need for new offshore oil rigs. Offshore rig utilization; Rise in profit margins in the industry; Day rate required to fund the construction.
- Nigeria: Increased production, reduced drilling. Akani, Fred // Offshore;Aug97, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the reduction of Nigeria's oil rig activity at midyear 1997. Spudding of 65 wells at the end of June; Cash flow problems instigated by the government's spending cuts in the upstream sector; Contributions from the infant deepwater sector; Production volume.
- RIG COUNT. // Graham Leader;3/12/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 60, p5
The article reports that the average rig count in Texas reached 843 on February 21, 2014 accounting about 50% of all active land rigs in the U.S.
- Active Rotary Rigs Throughout the United States and Alaska. Roesler, Heidi Brague // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p127
Presents information on the Baker Hughes North American Rotary Rig Count, a calculation of the drilling rigs that are actively searching for or developing oil and natural gas throughout the U.S. and Canada. Number of active rigs in the U.S. as of June 2004; Growth in active rotary rigs; Presence...
- Oil exploration. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun97, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p25
Reports the celebration of the christening of the Hibernia drilling gravity-based structure at the Bull Arm construction site in Newfoundland by the Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien and Newfoundland Premier Brian Tobin. Effect of the production at the Hibernia oil and gas field on Canada;...
- US Gulf continental shelf being 'milked' to fund deepwater. Dodson, James; Dodson, Ted; Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Aug2000, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p60
Focuses on the shift of oil producers on deepwater oil production in the Gulf of Mexico. Statistics on deepwater oil production in 1999; Factors that contributed to the trend; Details on the ranking of interval productivity.