- TOP 10 BATTERY MANUFACTURERS IN INDIA. Chakravarty, Richa // Electronics Bazaar;May2013, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p30
The article offers information on the top 10 battery manufacturers in India listed in the May 2013 issue of the periodical "Electronics Bazaar." Among the manufacturers mentioned include Exide Industries Ltd. which manufacturers the widest range of storage batteries, Amara Raja Batteries Ltd.,...
- SMF batteries. // Electronics Bazaar;Feb2014, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p109
The article discusses the launch of Quanta series of sealed maintenance free (SMF) and valve-regulated lead-acid (VRLA) batteries from Amara Raja Batteries.
- Amara Raja to invest Rs 4.4 billion in automotive segment. // Electronics For You;Mar2013, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p116
The article reports on the plan of Amara Raja Group subsidiary Amara Raja Batteries Ltd. to invest 4.4 billion rupees to boost the production of its valve-regulated lead acid (VRLA) batteries and four-wheeler batteries in India.
- What is in a battery? // European Power News;Feb99, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p23
Provides information on various aspects of lead-acid batteries. Electric potential of each cell; Basic applications; Tips in choosing correct size of battery; Overcharge; Sulphation/undercharge; Service life; Recommended normal operating temperature.
- World's biggest integrated VRLA plant to come up at Chittoor. // Electronics For You;Feb2014, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p156
The article reports on the launch of integrated medium valve-regulated lead-acid battery (VRLA) plant by Amara Raja Batteries Ltd. group at Nunegundlapalli close to Chittoor district in India.
- MSE Shelters...Maintenance Free! The Way to Be! // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug2001, Issue 585, p55
Gives advice to MSE shelter operators to replace old lead-acid back-up batteries with sealed, maintenance-free batteries. Limitations of non-sealed batteries; Advantages of sealed batteries.
- Batteries: Do You Know Proper Care, Storage and Disposal? // Mech;Summer2013, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p15
The article evaluates the products for care, storage and disposal of batteries, which include a lithium battery waste storage bin, lead acid, and nickel-cadmium battery storage units, and a battery safety spill kit.
- Lead-Acid Batteries. Miller, Chaz // Waste Age;Apr2009, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p42
The article presents information on lead-acid batteries used by motor vehicles. Lead-acid batteries are considered the most recycled product in the U.S. It consists of a polypropylene casing; lead terminals and positive and negative internal plates; lead oxide; and electrolyte, a dilute solution...
- Study of Lead-Acid Battery Charging by Using Sinusoidal Current. Liang-Rui Chen; Shing-Lih Wu; Tsair-Rong Chen; Wen-Ren Yang // International Review of Electrical Engineering;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p257
This paper aims to explore the Lead-acid battery charging performance by the analysis of the AC impedance. The experiments show that the optimal charging frequency is within the range from the resonant frequency to the minimum AC impedance frequency. In such a condition, the Lead-acid battery...