Worst Year Ever
- Distribution Comes of Age. Moran, James // Electronic News;12/04/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 49, p70
Offers a look at industrial distribution. Challenge posed by industrial distribution to manufacturers; Main trend of distributors in the semiconductor industry. INSET: Distribution Trends 30-plus Years Ago.
- Motivating your international channel partners. Rosenbloom, Bert // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p53
Discusses ways of motivating international channel partners to be more attentive and aggressive in promoting products. Case of Bose Corp. and its marketing people's failure to establish close personal ties with their Japanese distributor; Identifying needs of international channel partners;...
- NAED REPORT SHOWS REBOUND IN PROFIT. // Electrical Wholesaling;Sep2003, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the business performance of various distributors in the U.S. Factors influencing the increase of profit margin; Level of competition; Expansion of sales volume. INSET: Net Profit Margin.
- Saputo is Golden. // Dairy Foods;Aug2004, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the celebration of the 2004 Anniversary of Saputo Inc. in Montreal, Quebec. Assessment on the business performance of the firm from the year 1954 to 2004; Number of distributors attending the event; Theme of the event. INSETS: Saputo's History;Methodology.
- Reduce those expanding inventories. Richardson, Helen L. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar99, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p81
Offers suggestions in improving inventory management. Findings from the `Inventory Reduction Report'; Winning strategies of manufacturers and distributors; Impact of excess inventory.
- At CSC, 'enhance' is key concept. Powell Jr., Adyn S. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p44
Focuses on the Communication Supply Corporation (CSC) enhance program in the United States. Function of the corporation as the leading distributor in the voice and data communication industry; Comments of CSC chief executive officer on the simplified approach to the customer; Goal of program.
- Define your core competencies. Cullotta, Carl // Supply House Times;Jun2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p45
Focuses on issues surrounding the transition of business models used by wholesalers to craft an ideal manufacturer relationship. Definition of core competencies; Critical path resources that can be accessed; Identifying target customers; Depth of product offerings; Capabilities of a logistics...
- Rand and brand issues. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;4/12/2002, p18
Focuses on the market performance of brand distributor House of Busby. Net profit for 2001; Affordability of company shares; Implications of Busby retail chains for trading margins.
- Best Practices. // Supply House Times;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p51
Provides management approaches for distributors in the U.S. Benefits of the approaches for the customers; Importance of knowing business threats and the assessment of risks; Advantages of inspections.