One million tiny plays about work
- GIVE & TAKE. Leithart, Peter J. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p5
The author reflects on the concept of giving and taking. He states that giving too much at the wrong time or in the wrong way is like throwing a ball too hard to be caught. He also notes that social life is harmonious when people give and receive the right things at the exact time. For example,...
- Lunchtime Politics. // Energy Update;Dec2011/Jan2012, Issue 54-55, p26
The article offers the author's insights on the obsession of Pakistani office workers with lunch. The author says that lunch is a topic of conversation wherein workers debated the advantages and disadvantages of their lunch. He mentions that there is sacred relationship during lunchtime in the...
- be fearless this year! tranell, kim // Seventeen;Aug2012, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p112
The author offers advice on some problems by women. To eliminate the worry of having no friends during lunch period, the author suggests starting a conversation with a girl who is heading towards the cafeteria and keeping up the small talk through the lunch line. She recommends visualizing the...
- `Giving Better, Giving Smarter.' // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn97, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p141
Reviews the report `Giving Better, Giving Smarter.'
- Christian love is sort of like...a real value meal. Adams, Nate // Campus Life;July/Aug97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p8
Features an article about the Christian's perspective on giving. Generosity of the giver; Demonstration of faith; Manifestation of love to others; Excel in the grace of giving; Sincerity of love to God.
- `Tis blessed to receive. Howe, Alicia // Marriage Partnership;Winter96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p18
Examines the value of receiving a gift graciously. Author's friend, Therese's reminder about giving and receiving; Reasons why individuals find it hard to receive the kindness of others; Christian value on the joy of giving.
- Jr. editor. Cerovski, Renee Nicole // Winner;Dec96, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p13
Discusses how giving instead of receiving makes you feel good inside. What is the best gift that you can give; What people will notice about you if you refrain from taking drugs.
- Generosity is a beautiful trait, so why will it be compulsory? Vazsonyi, Balint // Insight on the News;05/26/97, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p29
Talks about indications to compulsory giving in the United States. Voluntarism in Hungary; End to the American tradition of volunteerism; Inspiration of giving from the Scriptures.
- Study shows Americans are far more generous than Canadians. // Canadian Student Review;Spring2010, p13
The article presents the results of the annual report "Generosity in Canada and the United States: The 2009 Generosity Index" from the Fraser Institute which highlight the emergence of Manitoba as the most generous province for the 10th consecutive year.