- Manchester courses. // People Management;10/18/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p54
The article presents information on the new training directory of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development for 2008. The directory will include a series of regional short courses in Manchester, England as well as its London-based events. The institute has selected several of the most...
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;10/22/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p38
A calendar of events for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain is presented, including the Annual Employment Law Update on November 3, 2009, the SIG meeting on November 2, 2009 and the executive forum titled The HR Profession Map on November 3, 2009.
- LINKS & NOTES. // People Management;2/24/2011, p39
A list of the links and notes related of human resource articles in this issue is presented including the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) Spring Law on Tour, HR-inform free test, and a CIPD human resource networking web page.
- notepad. // People Management;1/15/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
This section offers news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain. The annual Barometer Report of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development forecast that the 18-month period from the start of the recession in the middle of 2008 until the end of 2009 will witness the overall...
- EQUAL PAY. // People Management;5/17/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p47
The article focuses on the new online fact sheet produced by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) that provides guidance on the legislation that covers the right to equal pay. As well as providing an introduction to the law on this area, the fact sheet makes...
- Time to take advantage of new member benefits. // People Management;Jul2011, p52
The article reports on the development of HR-inform, a practical online resource by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development that keeps human resources experts up to date with changes in employment law.
- One in four work more than 48 hours a week. // Personnel Today;10/14/2003, p4
The article discusses a research on the working hours of employees in Great Britain in 2003. The survey of staff from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development shows the proportion of those who work more than 48 hours a week has increased from one in 10, to one in four during 1998....
- Points-based system is 'unfair to employers.'. Chubb, Laura // People Management;5/15/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p7
The addresses the concerns surrounding the points-based system implemented by the British government. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) has urged the government to be careful in introducing the new system in order to avoid employer confusion and complaints. The details...
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;5/7/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p64
A calendar of events for Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) branches in Great Britain for May 2009 is presented, including an independent consultants' meeting at St. Andrew's Centre in West London, England, employment law update in Cumbria and a session on rehabilitation...