When administrators move in: why it isn't always grim news
- COMPETENCES OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT: EXPECTATIONS AND REALITY. Llobanova, Liudmila; Ppalekaite, Airina; Rradzeviciute, Juste // Ekonomika / Economics;2009, Vol. 86, p22
The competence of human resources specialists becomes more important nowadays due to the knowledge-based development of society and economics. It affects not only the quality of their own work, but also the efficiency, capacity and motivation of all the employees in an organization. The article...
- How to sell new ideas to your staff. // HR Weekly;11/24/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 47, p8
The article offers suggestions on how a human relations officer can sell new ideas to the staff including stressing the idea's benefits, ensuring that the idea is understood and making a clear description of the resources that will be made available to carry out a new project.
- 6 tips from America's top HR departments. // HR Weekly;10/13/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 41, p4
The article offers tips on personnel management including using human resource technology, rotating human resource personnel in different positions, and investing in improving human resource manager-employee relationship.
- Young HR Pros Must Be in the Game. Jackson, Henry G. // HR Magazine;Dec2016/Jan2017, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p6
An introduction to the article "30 Under 30: A Who's Who to the Future of HR" about the stories of 30 young human resource professionals in the U.S. is presented.
- What I have learnt so far. Akgunes, Ali // People Management;1/27/2011, p36
The article focuses on the lessons learned by the author as a pay and reward assistant of a corporate people team of Barnardo's. Compensation, benefits and reward are the niche areas that ultimately caught his attention. The author has been recognised for his achievement and work towards his...
- Future--proofing HR. Moir, Stephen // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p15
The author reflects on ways to ensure a bright future for human resources (MR) management in Great Britain. The author relates some of the challenges that HT leaders and workers will face. The author comments on the value of professional standards for HR professionals. The author emphasizes the...
- Are you competent for a recession? Gallacher, Diane // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p17
The article emphasizes the importance for human resources (HR) professionals in Great Britain to review the relevance of their competency frameworks in the context of the current economic recession. It highlights the role of competency frameworks in identifying employees with high potential and...
- Resources for HR Managers. // Business NH Magazine;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p39
Presents a directory of resources for human resource managers in New Hampshire.
- goals for HR professionals. McGrath, Debbie // Human Resources Magazine;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p1
The author addresses the common problems being faced by human resource (HR) professionals. She cites the lack of available skilled talent, lack of qualified leadership, lack of proper metrics to measure HR-related issues and integration of HR technology as the challenges in the field. However,...