Pilots' union offers managers alternative solutions to job cuts
- EU flying hours proposals 'positively dangerous.'. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p7
Relates the opposition of Great Britain's airline pilots to the flying hours proposals of the European Parliament for 2003. Claims of Jim McAuslan, general secretary of the British Air Line Pilots' Association; Overview of the proposals.
- Jet Airways. // AirGuide Online.com;9/14/2009, p7
The article reports on the move of Jet Airways (India) Ltd. to seek court relief on September 9, 2009 because of a continued strike by nearly half of its pilot workforce that leads to the cancellation of about one half of its flight schedule. It states that the airline wants the National...
- Union membership blamed! GAZENBEEK, CHRIS // SDA Newsletter;Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p2
The article stresses on the need to increase union membership to fend off repeated attacks on wages and working conditions of workers and reports that the Shop, Distributive & Allied Employees' Association (SDA) has maintained its core membership and remains a very strong advocate for workers.
- NJBIZ Lists. MACK, DANIELLE // njbiz;8/31/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p20
A list of New Jersey's top labor unions based on memberships as of 2014 is presented including Food & Commercial Workers Local Union 1262, Laborers Local Union Laborers' Easter Region Organizing, and Unite Here Local Union 54.
- Business & Industry News - Business Aviation News. // AirGuide Business;5/28/2012, p1
The article presents news briefs related to the aviation industry. The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), an American non-profit organization, is offering free membership to active-duty military members. The aerospace manufacturing company, Hawker Beechcraft Corp., will lay off 150...
- Union Membership. Yoonsoo Lee; Shenk, Michael // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2007, p16
The article reports on trends in union membership in the U.S. Rates of union membership vary widely across the nation. In 2006, 24.7 percent of workers in Hawaii belonged to unions while in North Carolina only 3.3 percent of workers belonged to such associations. Most of the Fourth District...
- Chicago Local Hits Membership Goal with Drive. // International Musician;Jan2006, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p11
Discusses the strategy used by Local 10-208, a member of the American Federation of Musicians in Chicago, Illinois, to recruit new members. Incentives offered by Local 10-208 for musicians interested in joining the union; Reason for the reluctance of some musicians to join the union; Number of...
- SAC news. Greenwell, Eric // Free Flight;Dec/Jan2006, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p15
The article presents an update on the Soaring Association of Canada (SAC) as of December 2004. A list of SAC membership is presented. The International Gliding Commission will participate in the celebrations of the 100th anniversary of the FÃ©dÃ©ration AÃ©ronautique Internationale in 2005....
- News Breaks. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/18/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 24, p9
This article states that the Air Line Pilots Association unit at Comair reports that 93% of its 1,500 pilots supported a strike authorization, according to a December 11, 2006 count. ALPA and Comair are in the midst of negotiating a consensual agreement at the request of the U.S. Bankruptcy...