US GOVERNMENT FREEZES PAY
- Remarks at the Staff Inaugural Ball. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/22/2013, Special section p1
The article presents the remarks of the attendees at an inaugural ball sponsored by U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington, D.C. on January 22, 2013. Obama compliments the people who helped him won in the national elections in 2012. He adds that their support for his candidacy helped him...
- Letters to the editor. Hance, Dan; Horn, Garland // Monroe County Clarion;8/10/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 34, pA7
Several letters to the editor are presented including one about the need for employers to try hiring unemployed to be trained in the technical skills they require and another about the criticisms of the leadership of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Get a Job! Steigerwald, Lucy // Reason;Nov2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
The article offers information on the ideas of U.S. president Barack Obama for reducing unemployment in the country. Obama states about various things which helps in job growth including building roads, extending unemployment benefits and cutting payroll taxes. It further provides information on...
- Don't trade away new jobs. Johanns, Mike // Hill;1/25/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p29
The article reports on the issue regarding unemployment in the U.S. which caused by unrealized trade agreements, that will be discussed by President Barack Obama during his State of the Union address.
- Jobs: An angry dissent. Budowsky, Brent // Hill;6/2/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 76, p17
In this article the author discusses his sentiments against the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama who is doing nothing to create jobs in the country.
- NOT JUST WHETHER OUR ECONOMIES GROW, BUT HOW THEY GROW. OBAMA, BARACK // Vital Speeches of the Day;Jan2015, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p27
The article presents a speech by the U.S. President Barack Obama, delivered to the APEC CEO Summit in Beijing, China on November 10, 2014. Topics of the speech included high-tech manufacturing to hiring more long-term unemployed, APEC CEO summit in Singapore and trade and investment relationship...
- The Cook Report: Sunny-Side Up. Cook, Charlie // National Journal;2/26/2011, p31
The author claims that U.S. President Barack Obama has a great chance of winning a 2012 reelection is the current economists forecasts hold up. He points out that economy is a critical element in any presidential contest, adding that if people think the economy is good or getting better, they...
- Reelection rumblings for Obama. Swanson, Ian // Hill;2/2/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that the planned reelection of U.S. President Barack Obama foretells the factors the voters might consider to vote him again which include the economic improvement and decline in unemployment rates in 2012.
- Destroying Jobs in Order to Save Them. de Rugy, Veronique // Reason;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p18
The article focuses on the President Barack Obama's policy to anticipate the impact of the economic downturn in the U.S. The President's stimulus package is expected to create or save millions of jobs in the country. He also plans to eliminate tax advantages for companies that are doing...