ICELAND CREATES 2,500 JOBS TO MANAGE EXPANSION FOLLOWING PURCHASE OF WOOLWORTHS STORES
- Unemployment fuels rise in hiring at Jobcentre Plus. Doke, DeeDee // Recruiter;5/27/2009, p6
The article reports that Jobcentre Plus will recruit 2,000 employees per month starting in June 2009 in Great Britain. According to a spokeswoman of the Department of Work and Pensions, they are recruiting to a range of positions in the organisation, people to work in their contact centres and...
- Jobcentre Plus partners prove a plus for agencies. Goodfellow, Christopher // Recruiter;7/9/2008, p6
The article reports on the success of the Local Employment Partnerships (LEP) developed by the Jobcentre Plus in Great Britain. Many recruitment agencies are adapting the LEP to source candidates who cannot be reached through traditional techniques. Moreover, LEP aims to help long term...
- Industry seeks to fill vacancies. // Contract Journal;8/30/2006, Vol. 435 Issue 6590, p1
The article reports on the findings that almost a third of construction businesses were looking to hire new recruits in 2005, according to a new report from Jobcentre Plus. 31% of companies were on the lookout for new faces, up 2% from 2004 levels. And vacancies in the industry accounted for 3%...
- Unemployment fuels rise in hiring at Jobcentre Plus. // Marketing Week;5/28/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p6
The article reports that high levels of unemployment across Great Britain are fuelling a hiring boom at Jobcentre Plus, which will recruit 2,000 people per month for the next six months to work across the organisation. Capita Resourcing People Development and Manpower Inc. have won contracts to...
- Iceland adds two more meals to Slimming World range. Don, Andrew // Grocer;2/20/2016, p1
The article reports on the addition of two frozen ready meals, Chicken and Chorizo-style Sausage Paella and Chicken Chow Mein by Iceland Foods Ltd. to its product line, Slimming World.
- Jobseekers should be given access to basic skills training. // Basic Skills Bulletin;
The article reports that the Association of Employment and Learning Providers has called for Jobcentre Plus to look for initial assessment of jobseekers' needs and at an earlier stage. Providers found that about 30 percent of jobseekers on the Work Programme had basic skills needs which they...
- Iceland to spend ...5m on revamp. // Marketing Week;3/25/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on the advertising campaign for the frozen food products of retail firm, Iceland. Goal of reaffirming the company's reputation as an unconventional and progressive food retailer.
- Iceland Slimming World Curry. // Grocer;4/18/2015, Vol. 238 Issue 8201, p43
The article evaluates the Sweet Potato Curry frozen food from Iceland.
- LEP scheme could be hit by recession. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;7/7/2009, p12
The article reports that employers' groups have admitted that organizations will pick the best candidates when recruiting during the recession rather than use government supported Jobcentre Plus' long-term unemployment scheme. Great Britain's employment minister Jim Knight has already expressed...