The Sport of Homeland Security
- Southern Miss. receives Purple Heart University designation. // Jackson Advocate;7/30/2015, Vol. 77 Issue 43, p7B
The article reports that University of Southern Mississippi has received the designation "Purple Heart University" from the Military Order of the Purple Heart.
- Homeland Security. // Connection (0895-6405);Summer2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the development of educational programs at New England colleges due to fear of terrorism in 2004. Launch of an online certificate program in security management and homeland security by the University of Massachusetts in Lowell; Participation of the University of Vermont College of...
- Mississippi Learning: Plans for a New University Spark a New Controversy. Holland, Gina; Wright, Scott W. // Community College Week;07/12/99, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p2
Discusses the plans of the University of Southern Mississippi to open a four-year branch campus at the Gulf Coast. Controversy over the way the proposal was approved; Implications of the plan to Mississippi's other higher education institutions; Factor that led to the move.
- In Memoriam: John Calvin Berry, 1925-2013 Filed in In Memoriam on December 2, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);12/5/2013, p21
An obituary for the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi John Berry is presented.
- Taxes for sports facilities? // Perspective (08889732);Apr2004, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
Examines whether local diners and overnight guests should pay extra taxes to support the expanded athletic facilities at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Appeal from the school's athletic director for the local government to add food and beverage tax and bed...
- Canadian Association of General Surgeons and American College of Surgeons Evidence Based Reviews in Surgery. 23. ASCO recommended guidelines for sentinal lymph node biopsy for early-stage breast cancer. Neumayer, Leigh; Meterissian, Sarkis; McMasters, Kelly // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2007, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p482
The article provides information concerning the program, Evidence-Based Reviews in Surgery (EBRS), sponsored by the Canadian Association of General Surgeons (CAGS) and American College of Surgeons. The main goal of the initiative is to assist practising surgeons improve their critical appraisal...
- Supporting literacy and learning - on and off campus. Pinkerton, Fran; Collette, Claire // inCite;May2008, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the Books in Homes Australia (BIHA) program in Illawarra, New South Wales. The raising efforts conducted by the University of Wollongong (UOW) Library's Wellbeing Committee supports for continuous success of the program. BIHA targets to change the journey of children...
- CARE=Unesco Book Program. // Education Digest;Jan1950, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p29
The article reports on the involvement of the Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe Inc. (CARE) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in a campaign to bring books in English to libraries and universities overseas. The Chief-of-mission of CARE...
- What Makes Joe Read? Schools Seek Answer. Finley, Dewey // Education;Feb1959, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p377
This article features a reading program in El Dorado, Arkansas. As the reading program progressed, groups of students soon were reading from fifth grade readers and by the end of school were reading out of sixth grade readers or at grade level. Members of the groups act as captains with the...