- Consortium gets tax-exempt status. // South Carolina Business Journal;Apr98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Cites the grant of tax-exempt status to the South Carolina Export Consortium.
- Nonprofit research: A call to action. // Nonprofit World;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p56
Provides ideas on how a nonprofit organization can advance nonprofit research. Report `Guiding Action: Increasing Nonprofit Organizations' Impact Through Research on Management and Leadership'; Contact information for the Society for Nonprofit Organizations.
- Womanspace: 'About women helping each other.' Cirini, Kenneth R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/24/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 34, p46A
Features the non-profit organization Womanspace in Long Island, New York. Visions of the organization; Membership of various women executives in the institution; Sources of funds.
- Macomb group sets sights on promoting M-59 corridor. Halcom, Chad // Crain's Detroit Business;8/6/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p29
The article presents information on the nonprofit agency, M-59 Corridor Association, formed by a group of business leaders in Macomb County, Michigan. It is stated that this new nonprofit agency could promote a local identity for its members while assuring future growth. It is reported that the...
- Poverty provokes headlines, if not solutions, for feeding the hungry. Lukin, Sarabeth // Washington Jewish Week;5/21/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 21, p22
The article reports on the rate of poverty in Israel which prompts Israelis living below the poverty line to depend on nonprofit organizations such as Leket Israel for food as government funds are insufficient.
- VisionSpring Opens Doors to Vision Care and Economic Opportunity. // Vision Monday;4/19/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p024
The article offers information on VisionSpring, a non-profit organization which aims to alleviate poverty by selling eyeglasses.
- The South Carolina Export Consortium. Monk, Fred // Business & Economic Review;Jan-Mar99, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p25
Focuses on the South Carolina Export Consortium, a nonprofit organization that involves 60 entities across the state. Principal mission; Information on the consortium's partnership with the international business programs of the University of South Carolina's Darla Moore School of Business; How...
- American Wine Society takes root. // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/22/99, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p16
Cites the start of a chapter of the nonprofit organization American Wine Society in Indianapolis, Indiana, led by Gaia Wines Inc. Annual dues; Contact information.
- Industry heavyweights join to address key e-biz problems. Jacobs, April // Network World;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p10
Features the foundation of Business Internet Consortium, a nonprofit corporation that will serve as a think tank for generating technologies and practices designed to address growing electronic-business issues. Creation of workgroups; Specific issues that the consortium aims to address.