2008 Markets in Review: Good News in Short Supply
- 2005 In Review ... // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p14
This article presents a wrap-up of the market indexes, and other important economic statistics for 2005. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 0.61 percent for the year, though its total return was a positive 1.7 percent. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index closed at 1248.29, up 3.0 percent, with...
- Dow Jones tops 17,000 for first time after unemployment drop. Yarker, Jon // Fundweb;7/4/2014, p9
The article reports on the Dow Jones Industrial Average Index, which following the confirmation of a fall in US unemployment closed above 17,000. It states the news also helped S&P 500 to close above record level of 1, 980. It states the US unemployment rate had fallen to 6.1 percent as revealed...
- Markets. // MondayMorning;11/10/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p16
The article reports on the increase in U.S. stocks in November 2014 following release of data showing a drop in the jobless rate. Topics covered include the percentage increase in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the need for central banks to act in case...
- MARKET DIARY. // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p22
The article presents statistics related to several topics including the increase and decrease in the stock prices of various wireless companies, and the values of RCR, Dow Jones, and S&P indexes.
- Stocks Open Higher On Jobs Data; Mylan, Salix, Mobileye Climb. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;10/3/2014, p00
Stocks got off to a healthy start Friday, after a solid job market in September sent the unemployment rate below 6% for the first time since 2008.
- Retail Shares Up 1.7% For Week. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/14/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 56, p24
The article reports that the Standard & Poor Retail Index has increased by 1.7% set on September 10, 2010 to the end of the week.
- Gold Banc Surges on S&P Announcement. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;12/5/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 233, p20
Bank stocks in the U.S. fell for most of Thursday, though some banking indexes turned around in late trading along with the broader market. Volume was light, but insurance stocks did get investors' attention, said Bill Durand, the head of trading at Swiss Reinsurance Corp.'s Fox-Pitt, Kelton...
- Bad news dominates period. Hanson, Bjorn // Hotel & Motel Management;11/4/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the decline in the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Standard & Poor's 500 index on October 9, 2002. Decline due to the unfavorable news about the U.S. economy; Decline in the index of leading indicators.
- Stocks off to good start in September. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p24A
The article reports on the increase in the Dow Jones industrial average and the Standard & Poor's 500 Index by two percent in the first 12 days of September 2012.