Report Predicts Shrinking Mutual Fund Numbers
- ETFs a Threat to Mutual Funds: Celent. Papini, Jessica // Money Management Executive;7/31/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that exchange traded funds (ETFs) threaten actively managed mutual funds, according to a study by Boston, Massachusetts-based research and consulting firm Celent. The market is expected to grow six times over from its current $325 billion to $1.95 trillion by 2010 due to...
- Staying the Course No More. WILLIS, BILL // On Wall Street;Sep2009, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p44
The article discusses how clients are demanding change from their financial advisors because of the financial crisis. The fee-based business transactional approach is no longer recommended because of the economic downturn and the behavioral change on Wall Street. Wealth managers are advised to...
- Keeping wealth clients appy. // Money Management;5/9/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p10
The article offers information on Celent analysis which indicates that the Madoff scandal, market volatility, and more retiring workers are among the catalysts for the investment monitoring by investors.
- Passing On Taxes. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Money Management Executive;6/6/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue on topics including budget proposal, mutual funds and modernized form of tax benefits.
- Insurers Cautiously Optimistic About Year Ahead. Bramlet, Chrstina // Claims;Jul2009, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the recent report presented by Celent, a Boston, Massachusetts-based financial research and consulting firm, on the outlook for businesses in the coming years.
- PFP, informative and entertaining. Chigbo, Okey // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul2013, Vol. 146 Issue 5, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including mutual funds, accountants' experience and knowledge that can be integrated into the process of financial planning, and wealth management services provided by professional accountants...
- Volatility? Never Fear. Use it to Your Clients' Favor. Tjornehoj, Jeff // Financial-planning.com;11/27/2015, p1
The article discusses the study which explores the effectiveness of liquid alt mutual funds affecting the performance of global financial and wealth markets on factors of stock allocations, financial correlation singularity and managed-future products.
- Asian turmoil torpedoes an emerging markets stock fund. P.R.; R.S. // Money;Mar98, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p46
Discusses the impact of the Asian financial crisis on Peregrine Asia Pacific Growth fund as of February 1998. Gary Greenberg, fund manager; Reason the fund closed its doors; Greenberg to continue to run the Van Eck Emerging Markets Growth Fund.
- Time to rethink your options in declining world markets. // Finance Week;04/20/2001, p39
Gives advice to investment businesses affected by the decline in the world stock markets. Importance of establishing the primary reason for making an investment; Risks involved in making investments; Factors that should be considered before selling shares.