Potential Tax Changes: Planner Impressions and Actions
- 'You just can't tax the rich enough. Alarkon, Walter; Swanson, Ian // Hill;4/15/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p1
The article focuses on the issues concerning President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the tax code in the U.S.
- Congress repeals new 1099 reporting rule. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jun2011, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses the law in the U.S. passed by President Barack Obama that requires small businesses to issue the IRS 1099 form to company or individual when they purchase over 600 U.S. dollars in goods or services within a tax year.
- Spending Can Be Cut. Rugy, Veronique de // Reason;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p18
The article focuses on the possibility of public spending to be cut when taxpayers cut their personal spending during difficult times in the U.S. It notes the promise of President Barack Obama's budget request to freeze discretionary spending to save 250 billion dollars over 10 years. It...
- President Signs Repeal of Form 1099 Expansion. Bikard, Arielle // Compliance Week;Jun2011, Vol. 8 Issue 89, p8
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama has signed a bill in April 2011, which will repeal the reporting requirements for the new Internal Revenue Form 1099.
- Obama looks to entice GOP with tax plan. Becker, Bernie // Hill;2/3/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p11
The article focuses on the proposal of U.S. President Barack Obama to use an overhaul of the tax code aimed at fixing the infrastructure of the country, along with the overlap on business tax reform between Obama and the Republicans.
- Tax reform, trade pacts mean bigger paychecks, more jobs. Camp, Rep. Dave // Hill;1/28/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p16
The article suggests issues that should be tackled by U.S. President Barack Obama during his State of the Union address in 2014 which include topics on tax code, trade policies and employment.
- Obama: new tax plans are bad news for offshoring. // MarketWatch: Technology;Jun2009, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p15
The article reports on the speculation of U.S. President Barack Obama that changes to the internal revenue law for the firms engaging in business abroad could provide significant implications for firms with offshore sites. It says that the changes could cause to higher price points, decrease...
- Letters@usnews.com. QUINLAN, FRANK; MCKENNA, TIM; GILLE, JOHN P. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;7/8/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p13
Several letters to the editor are presented on the debt issue U.S. including one on a response to an article of the leadership of U.S. President Barack Obama in the "Editor's Note" in the July 1, 2011 issue, one on the simplification of the tax code, and one on the role of the media in the debt...
- Obama Trolls the GOP: How a Not-So-Lame-Duck President Left Them Bumbling. WALSH, JOAN // Progressive Populist;2/15/2015, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses the highlights of the State of the Union address of U.S. President Barack Obama at the U.S. Congress on January 20, 2015 and mentions topics that include the story of couple Rebekah and Ben Erler from Minneapolis, Minnesota minimum wage hike, and tax code proposals.