Market Signals About Investment Decisions: Do Managers Listen?
- Value management in the VEW-Group - despite or due to a municipal majority. // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Jul2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p312
Focuses on a concept of value management developed for the VEW Group in Germany. Significance of value management to mergers and acquisitions of corporations; Role of the concept in decision making by the company; Integration of the concept into business forecasting and strategic processes.
- The Formation of the Conflicts Management Models of the Strategic Alliances under the Conditions of the Globalization. Nikolova, Liudmila Vasilevna; Grigorievich Rodionov, Dmitriy; Mokeeva, Tatiana Vasilievna // Asian Social Science;Oct2014, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p296
The processes of globalization led to the fact that the world markets began to create new business forms actively, one of which is a strategic alliance. The conditions of the strategic alliances functioning uncertainty associated with a complex system of management and organization, conflicts...
- Editor's Introduction. Downing, Steve // Journal of General Management;Winter2009/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the qualitative and quantitative elements of support programmes for business enterprises by Rami Schayek and Dov Dvir, an empirical analysis on the success of mergers and acquisitions by Todd Creasy, Mickeal...
- Acquiring firms need to know. // Nation's Business;Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p10
Presents advice from Daniel G. Vliet for companies considering an acquisition. Information on Vliet's job; Details on advice for acquistions.
- How sellers can attract the best buyers. Caronia, Leonard S. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p32
Explores options available to a seller in attracting the best buyers. Preparations for a well-managed sale; Determining the buyer's attitude; Contact plan; Marketing plan. INSET: Getting them hooked..
- Broadband services may alter other consumer interests. Peak, Martha H. // Management Review;Dec95, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p7
States that as this is the season for corporate mergers, and companies are readying themselves to provide emerging services. Mercer Management Consulting's projections; Comments from William Bane, a Mercer vice president; Offerings from Broadband entertainment.
- Making Better Acquisition Decisions. Roberto, Michael A. // Executive Excellence;Dec2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p11
Offers advice on how to make better decisions on corporate acquisitions. Avoidance of the three flaws characterizing acquisition decisions; Three steps in improving acquisition decision-making; Encouragement of healthy debate prior to the arrival on a strategic decision.
- Putting the right people on in-house M&A teams. Bentley, Terence // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p30
Presents information on challenges encountered by in-house merger and acquisition teams, of corporations, when working on deals. Indepth look at experience of individuals on teams; Time factors involved in deals; Necessity for discussions, and impact they can have on deals; Need to meet capital...
- The importance of due diligence. Meunier, Norman // Northern Ontario Business;Jun97, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p11
Asserts that the first decision companies should consider when searching for an acquisition is to determine whether to use an outside consultant. Types of opportunity sources available to companies; Two primary merchant banking instruments for financing acquisitions; Key document used by...