Absenteeism: Escaping an Aversive Workplace or Responding to Resulting Illness?
- Lawyers blame stress of job for alcohol abuse. // Occupational Health;Feb2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the influence of job stress on alcohol abuse among lawyers according to counseling service LawCare. Percentage of lawyers who are suffering from stress; Health problems being experienced by lawyers.
- How to relieve symptoms of stress. Emin, David // Media Week;6/23/2009, Issue 1214, p19
The article presents answers to questions related to job stress.
- Put Your Stress To Work. // Sales Leader;7/3/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p4
The article talks about work-related stress. Stress is an inevitable aspect of any job. Humans are biologically conditioned to react to stress. The reaction is the increased blood flows through our bodies and into our brains. The problems associated with stress, namely high blood pressure and...
- Blazing the trail. Davies, Lyndon // Occupational Health;Jul2003, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on a six-week course of psycho-education that the Occupational Health Unit of South Wales Fire Service initiated to raise awareness about job stress experienced by firefighters. Challenge facing occupational health professionals; Result from a combination of organizational, operational...
- UPDATE ON JOB STRESS & OVERWORK IN AMERICA. // Health & Stress;Jun2005, Issue 6, p1
Discusses several studies exploring the high rate of employees experiencing stress in their respective jobs in the U.S. Factors contributing to the high rate of employees experiencing job stress; Effect of overwork and job stress on the productivity of the employees; Impact of job stress on the...
- Psychologically TOXIC Office Space. Lewis, David // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p36
The article provides information on a study on workplace stress. The research reveals that an estimated number of U.S. citizens face a health risk at work. As workers jockey through the last stretch of the year to achieve bonuses and score high on performance reviews, stress levels within...
- Turn stress into productive energy. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;7/18/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 29, p10
Presents a question and answer advisory on how to manage the stress of balancing work and family life. Risks associated with prolonged stress; Ways to control stress; Reference materials for stress management.
- Overcommitment to work is associated with vital exhaustion. Preckel, Daniel; von Känel, Roland; Kudielka, Brigitte M.; Fischer, Joachim E. // International Archives of Occupational & Environmental Health;Mar2005, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p117
Objectives:Vital exhaustion has been shown to predict the progression and manifestation of cardiovascular disease. Little is known about the relationship between vital exhaustion and overcommitment, the inability to withdraw from obligations at work. The aim of this study was to explore the...
- The Human Factor in Television Production. Goss, John // British Kinematography, Sound & Television;Sep1970, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p264
IT IS IMPORTANT to note the essential difference between physiological and psychological pressures on television personnel. The physiological result from the stresses imposed by a rapidly expanding industry in what has become a rapidly diminishing production time scale. These pressures are at...